• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Hytale’s future: Model making and animation

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
By Antnest8

Hello again and It’s time for another weekly blogpost! This week I made a sequel to a post from early January called Hytale’s Future: Servers where I interviewed several future Hytale server owners! This last week however I experienced Aloan’s Hytale Model collection/game for Hytale! It was amazing seeing over 300 different models all in one place, in the form of a buggy, yet fun game. It was this that inspired me to make another Interview post featuring some of Hytale’s fan artists and modelers! So, without further ado! The interview!

6.png
It is easy to get lost in Aloan's Mini-Hytale world!

What Keeps you interested in Hytale, even after two years?
Aloan’s response:
The exciting, extensive modding possibilities and freedom it will be bringing to the table!
Slagle’s response:
I love the community and the excitement of the game! Personally, Hytale is like my dream game. It has aspects of everything I have ever wanted in a game and I could see that from the trailer alone, so I am very excited to see the finished game. And the community is such an amazing place! It makes me super happy every time someone likes a post [of mine] about a model I made and when [the] dev’s of Hytale like them, I freak out with joy!
Pinguin’s response:
The community, everyone is making awesome art and models, that make me [want to] do too! I think that is good, because everyone is learning and when the games launch, everyone will make [amazing] mods, because hey, they practiced a lot!

What inspired you to start making models about Hytale?
Aloan’s response:
The revolutionary ease of 3D modeling and animation is made possible by Élisée’s CraftStudio program, the same program that got picked up to become Hytale´s Model Maker!
Slagle’s response:
I have always loved art of all kinds: drawing, composing, playing music, and painting. I love trying new forms of art and seeing how well I can pick them up and seeing what I can make. I absolutely love the art style of Hytale, so I wanted [to] be part of it. So I started with blender, modeling simple things. Then I found Blockbench and CraftStudio, both of which I use now. I texture most of my recent models 100% by hand!
Pinguin’s response:
Yanuar Mohendra and Powerbyte7! They do the model part, everything happened because I got access to models.
What are you most excited about doing/making in Hytale?
Aloan’s response:
A modern town simulation, mixing what I like from both GTA and The Sims, which are two huge games with a large following. [They also have] lots to do and have fun with :D
Slagle’s response:
I really want to work on a server or be a fairly known artist. Both would be epic but I’m fine with either. I am currently making art [and more] for Hycast which I am super pumped for!
Pinguin’s response:
MAKING ANIMATIONS!! And also some mods.
kombi.png
Nothing Screams 50's and 60's quite like the Volkswagen Type-2
How did you learn to model/animate?
Aloan’s response:
My first true 3D modeling experience was with CraftStudio because other model makers were just too complex and difficult for me to grasp; I went on discovering alone how to move the model in the 3D editor space and how to set its size, all very simple inside Craft!
Slagle’s response:
I am 100% self-taught! I started making small things like animals and swords and built my way up.
Pinguin’s response:
Well, when I was 13 years old, I used Mine-imator to do animations, models, etc. Now I am 21 years old so, I don't remember a lot about how or why XDD

Do you have prior experience doing this?
Aloan’s response:
Not when it comes to 3D modeling and animation. The only thing I did before related to a block-game experience was making a specific Minecraft texture and world! Which was my own birth town/neighborhood with help from Google Earth and Google Maps Both can be found on my website (down below)! I’ve also made a world and models for Lego Worlds which can be found on my website as well!
Slagle’s response:
I have a lot of experience with pixel art and making Minecraft texture packs so, I have the texturing side mostly down; It was just the modeling I had never done before.
Pinguin’s response:
so... a lot of years animating.
Evj9F_nXAAIx6TK.png
Minecraft is great for testing, but Hytale will hopefully provide better quality!
What programs/software do you use to make your models and animations?
Aloan’s response:
Only 2 programs really...
  • CraftStudio (for modeling, animation and even game making using lua)
  • Paint.net (for 2D templating/checking model size in respect to other models for size unison and simple texturing)
Slagle’s response:
I use mostly CraftStudio and Blockbench. I know CraftStudio is an old version of the model maker for Hytale, so I wanted to get myself familiar with it for when Hytale releases! I use Blockbench because it is a little better for more complicated models.
Pinguin’s response:
I use Blender to make models [and] Cinema 4D to do animations! I like blender because there is Eevee, the real-time render, but I am still using cinema 4d because I don't know much about how to rig in Blender.
Esw-GW0XAAIqfnN.jpg
Some amazing model's by Slagle featuring many beloved characters!!
What is your favorite genre of content to make?
Aloan’s response:
In regard to game making:
  • In 2D: it is Super Mario Bros like platformers/Metroidvania side scrollers in 3D - you can check my only commercial 2D video game made in about 3 years of development also on my website!
  • In 3D: [Block-Games and Cubic-worlds and scenery] (including yet to be released, Hytale) I never was too fond of Minecraft (because it lacked life imo).
Slagle’s response:
I love sci-fi and medieval; Two opposite sides, I know. I have also been doing some anime characters as well!
Pinguin’s response:
I love "Dimensional" Vibes, alternative realities , and memes too!

EvqaLguXcAMOou5.png
Kind of Adorable, until a tribe of them ambushes you!
Do you have any plans to make mods, skins or texture packs in Hytale?
Aloan’s response:
I have an ambitious project relating to modifying Hytale´s era! [Into] a modern era (50s to present) South East Brazilian tropical Village, complete with businesses, transportation and living simulation. I may be the world´s only guy to hold a record of over 300 Hytale models that comprises a whole village! Which the Project’s blog can be found here: https://hytale-br.blogspot.com/
Slagle’s response:
I plan on making mods, and skins. I have been teaching myself java and C# for about a year and kind of got my hands down on it, so I think both is where I stand!
Pinguin’s response:
A lot: Dubstep Guns, Ugandan knuckles but they live like tribes, mods to help animators, etc.
cozinha.png
McDonald's isn't exactly the healthiest meal, but it sure seems to be everywhere! Coming Soon in Hytale!​
If you could give one piece of advice for beginners, what would it be?
Aloan’s response:
Get your hands on the same software that Hypixel got its hands to create its Hytale game: CraftStudio (That is until Hytale Model Maker is released)! You can´t go wrong with it as it is, in my opinion, the world´s simplest revolutionary Modeling + animation + game engine (Yes, 3 in one solution).
I look for ease of learning, practicableness and speed! [All of which] I found in CraftStudio. Plus, the same I found in Paint.net (a 2D painting program). I’ve downloaded, tried and tested many renowned 3D programs and 2D art programs, but none, other than these two, met my expectations. They would either be too complex or bloated.

Slagle’s response:
My advice would be to start smaller. Do some basic things and don’t just give up because it doesn’t turn out how you want. It took me months to make something I was really happy with! I would also suggest looking at other art to help you. I had never textured clothes or hair before, so I didn’t know how to go about it. I still am not very good at it, so I looked at other content creator’s work and even official Hytale content and learned how to make it from there by taking notes and copying some things on test models.

Pinguin’s response:

For modelers, if you want to model a lion, search on internet for lion pictures. See what I mean? Always use a reference, that will help you a lot, don't trust in your mind to model a lion XD
For the animators, always use "arcs". I’m not talking about the motion curves on Blender or something like, "because I think that Hytale will have this!" I mean, the rule of "arcs." You need to create the curves in your mind, but not a lot!!!, Some animations look "gelatinous" because they are too soft, and if you don't use "arcs", the animation will look like robotic so, apply the right rule, at the right time, keep your balance.
EryXqzmW8AUuSgc.jpg
As a Mandalorian lover, this is just amazing! I hope this makes it into the game somehow!
Conclusion and a word about The Artists!
Thank you for reading! If you liked this, then please comment below and check out the interview with Hytale server owners here! I also want to thank the artists PinguinAnimations, Aloan and Slagle! All of which where awesome to work with and truly amazing community members! I also want to thank the many others who responded, and I was able to talk to and meet, but declined to join the interview! If you want to see more amazing art and models, you can find a lot of it on Twitter, especially from large communities like PoleAxeSmithy and Hytale Workshop!!

If you liked hearing from the three artists, then you can find them and their works here! Please go and show them some love if you want to continue seeing this kind of thing!
Aloan:
Website
https://aloan.neocities.org
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Aloan1
Blog
https://hytale-br.blogspot.com/

Slagle
Twitter
https://twitter.com/SlagleMysterium
Hycast Discord
https://discord.gg/gSxMkg8
PinguinAnimationS
Twitter
https://twitter.com/LucasCoolSouza

Un-edited, Raw responses from the Artists (spelling errors included)
https://hytalehub.com/threads/unedited-artist-interviews.10766/

Zodak

Lead Moderator & Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Master
Can't wait to see what the community will create once Hytale releases!

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Can't wait to see what the community will create once Hytale releases!
I know! These are already amazing! Just can't wait to see what the community does once the tools are finally released!

Anim

Verified
☑️Verified
Thanks for sharing this thread, it was really informative and helped us look into the minds of active artists!

Weird

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Hero
Thanks for creating this article! It's very interesting to see what the future of Hytale may look like!

Aloan

Oh wow, had I know it was going to be this awesome of an interview, I would have written so much more :D (It was a great pleasure to participate) - sorry folks... "Anyhoos", my Hytale webpage and blog says already a lot too... https://aloan.neocities.org/hytale_models.html
keep in mind that I am purposely NOT seriously texturing the models as I want to use Hytale´s original colors from their pack, so for me texturing heavily and seriously is a waste of time, because they won´t match with the game (as it is tampered by its own illumination and tinting affecting color brightness and tint). Models on the other hand are pure math, so that can be copied over flawlessly. ;) but they too will be updated as time goes by (for that cuteness factor?!) so do not consider them final as well! 1615048019939.png

Last edited:

Noah

What an excellent post. Lots of fresh content and interviews are always nice.

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Oh wow, had I know it was going to be this awesome of an interview, I would have written so much more :D (It was a great pleasure to participate) - sorry folks... "Anyhoos", my Hytale webpage and blog says already a lot too... https://aloan.neocities.org/hytale_models.html
keep in mind that I am purposely NOT seriously texturing the models as I want to use Hytale´s original colors from their pack, so for me texturing heavily and seriously is a waste of time, because they won´t match with the game (as it is tampered by its own illumination and tinting affecting color brightness and tint). Models on the other hand are pure math, so that can be copied over flawlessly. ;) but they too will be updated as time goes by (for that cuteness factor?!) so do not consider them final as well! View attachment 2194

Awesome that you could make it Aloan! It was your work that inspired me in the first place to make this post! Though, the other artists have some inspiring art as well!

Anim

Verified
☑️Verified
keep in mind that I am purposely NOT seriously texturing the models as I want to use Hytale´s original colors from their pack, so for me texturing heavily and seriously is a waste of time, because they won´t match with the game (as it is tampered by its own illumination and tinting affecting color brightness and tint). Models on the other hand are pure math, so that can be copied over flawlessly. ;) but they too will be updated as time goes by (for that cuteness factor?!) so do not consider them final as well! View attachment 2194
Those looks really cool!

Reyrey

OMG antnest i have to say this is my favorite thread form u and even ME FAVORITE OF THEM ALL

red death

just saw this thread and it is my favorite yet

Reyrey

Hey its my favorite too

Reyrey

:D

Looch

Helper
Staff member
Helper
The possibilities for the community to personalize their experience seem endless! The models are amazing, can't wait to see things that I can't even think of implemented into Hytale by community members who are just as excited as I am for the release!

Anim

Verified
☑️Verified
Hytale modding will definitely attract communities from many other games that also have modding, and people will be envisioning huge projects for the release!

Aloan

Idk what to say but its not good
1- sorry the audio was bad and 2- you might have landed when I had deleted the video to upload the new high quality audio version (for Yotube does not allow you to just substitute a video) so I have updated the post with a working link now!

Anim

Verified
☑️Verified
1- sorry the audio was bad and 2- you might have landed when I had deleted the video to upload the new high quality audio version (for Yotube does not allow you to just substitute a video) so I have updated the post with a working link now!
Still very cool nonetheless!