• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

The gameserver categories that i think will be most popular in Hytale

Chris H.

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Good evening Hytale community!

For today I felt like it would be a good idea to list my thoughts on what kind of game servers would thrive in Hytale. To 1. Perhaps give you an idea to start your own server or 2. Just give you information to maybe make your mind up on what you want to play, because I'm sure the variation will be plentiful and sometimes it might be hard to get a clear view in your head and I've dealt with that problem in the past. As if I were a fox in a chicken pen that kind of feeling haha. Enough chit chat though here's my list:

1.) Creative.
  • Of course, we've got to get the elephant out the room with what else then Creative. Where you build whatever you want and the only limitation is your imagination! (and of course the plot you lay claim to on the server if it's similar to Minecraft). From building one of the Seven wonders to building your favourite building to building your own house. Or of course, if you want to you can build your own castle and everything that comes with owning your very own castle! I sure can't wait what I myself will build and to check out the spectacular builds of this community because I'm sure there will be amazing builds created! Here's a couple of amazing builds from Minecraft
1610468628414.png

2.) Survival.
  • What would be a gameserver list without addressing Survival. Another one of the kingpins most likely coming over from Minecraft! Most of you will already know what this includes but for the ones where the memory needs to be jogged up or the totally new players to this genre here is my short explanation. Survival is all about well surviving and essentially battling your way through what the world throws at you be it Ferans, Outlanders or Void henchmen from Varyn and of course to explore the vast world Hytale will offer to us lucky players. Craft your way to victory and defeat the mightiest foes imaginable! Remember not to grief your fellow players and if you can't defeat that one Boss or Trork camp enlist your friends to play with you and have fun together!
5d37259a18cd04001749be56_outlander_warrior.jpg

3.) Roleplaying.
  • And on the third spot on this list is Roleplaying. Roleplaying is a type of gameserver where you play a certain role in the society of a fictitious country created by people in the community. You can be anything you want as long as it fits into the narrative of the server you play on! Maybe you can become a king and have a whole legion of followers while in other times you are an artisanal blacksmith making swords or different weapons for the people in your town or you can be a master in the kitchen and supply food for the inn that you love to go to after work! What I'm getting at the possibilities are endless and you can be what you like to be and get invested in your story.
1610398036905.png
4.) Player versus Player
  • Next up on my little list is Player versus Player, Player versus Player or PvP for short is a type of a gameserver where you are definitely encouraged to fight others for the sake of fighting usually griefing or stealing isn't allowed in these server but there are exceptions to that rule in the form of Hardcore PvP servers but that aside, PvP is a great way of testing your skills in battle against your friends or to participate in tournaments or to figure out which type of weapon best suits your playstyle and I'm 100% sure there will be very skilled players in the Hytale community may they be Original players coming over from Minecraft or completely new competitors who just start out playing these types of games!
hytale.jpg
5.) Hunger Games/Survival Games
  • Last on my list is Hunger/Survival Games, A multiplayer PvP bonanza originating from Minecraft, where the sole purpose is to loot, scavenge and battle your way to be the last player alive in the match. At the beginning of the match you can usually find chests with various items waiting inside of it. During the playtime of a match you need to scramble to find chests with materials to craft your winning set of items! When it's nearing the end of the timer you will be put in a deathmatch with the last players to have one final battle royale to the death. This can also occur when there's only a few players left in that particular match and if you come out on top you will be crowned the winner!
Survival_Games (1)1.png

For now, that was the list I wanted to share. I hope I helped you familiarize yourself with the types of servers or if you had a nice read!
See you on the forums!

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
I wonder what crazy variations these themes will make! Remember! There won't be any golden apples or jump crits to save you, but there could be a plethora of new additions to these ideas, whether from modders or vanilla

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
Hunger Games just sounds so fun if done right tbh...

Zodak

Lead Moderator & Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Master
I'm really looking forward to playing survival with my friends.

Kairu

Staff member
Helper
I'm real excited to explore this new world and even more excited to find new ways to play around in it. Should be great :)

Weird

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Hero
Another great list from my man Chris.

Char

Staff member
Master
Can't wait for the release of Hytale. Another amazing sandbox game to be explore.

Reyrey

also i love roleplaying. SO MUCH