• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

In game voice chat

ZiiB0

Instead of using discord there could be an in game chat something like Fortnite

Instead of using discord there could be an in game chat something like Fortnite
That's a good idea it won't make the game laggy if your own a low budget pc, and won't cause lag spikes with people's voice

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
In game voice chat usually brings in complaints and concerns about moderating it. So it might be a thing, but I would not expect it

In game voice chat usually brings in complaints and concerns about moderating it. So it might be a thing, but I would not expect it
I have a feeling it might be because hytale has mouth moving animations that could act as a voice chat thing maybe?.. just a hunch

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Hmm... It would be cool if they could map that out, and I don't see much of a reason to have speaking animations without speaking. It's a good hint

hyperhawk20

Hmm... It would be cool if they could map that out, and I don't see much of a reason to have speaking animations without speaking. It's a good hint
Player and NPC mouth animations could be because they could have dialogue that has voice-overs with a tone randomizer (sort-of). But I feel that in-game VC would be a great idea. Complaints will come in as well, and you will have people very for and very against it. I am for it, but I think some servers would have the ability to toggle VC on or off in this area or that one.

TealHy

But that's the truth, voice chat proves abusive - and we need a toxic-free game.

Topcode

But that's the truth, voice chat proves abusive - and we need a toxic-free game.
Unfortunately the only toxic free game is a single player game.

LuciusOfLegend

I have a solution. Since a friends list is confirmed, why not have it so that only friends can hear each other? I think that would be best. Then only people you trust would be able to talk to you :). I actually can't believe I came up with this idea :unsure: