• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Hytale's Future: Servers

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Greetings! It is me, Antnest8 and this week I am going to continue looking deeper into Hytale and hopefully find cool stuff about the game! One aspect of the game I have been entirely neglecting however is the servers. Hytale is a game with roots that sprouted from possibly the most successful server of all time, Hypixel. Most of the individuals who are in the team used to work on Hypixel and the game itself was thought of because of the limitations of its current home, Minecraft. Needless to say, Hytale was built with servers in mind and that has drawn many hopeful current and new server owners to the community. Since I only have limited server knowledge myself, I decided to interview some of the same people who will be making the servers you might play on!

Hytale’s Potential

Question #1: What made you think that Hytale is a good platform to start/move your server?

P.’s Response: “Hytale has a creator first [model]. Hytale makes it easier to create new things, and when I can push out updates faster, the player always wins.”

Arcev’s Response: “I see a good future with Hytale. They have a good team on their hands with previous experience in indie genres like Minecraft, it's hard to underestimate their vision for something great they have.”

Loka’s response: “I believe Hytale will be a great platform to start a new server since it has user-friendly, easy-to-use tools that will help with scripting, building, animating, and creating anything really.”

CaptainKeyboard’s Response: “My mod/server concept was originally planned for Minecraft, but there were multiple reasons why it never saw the light of day… and the limitations for modding made it just not feasible to work on this project…Hytale came with the promise to have everything moddable, right from the beginning…I hope that Hytale gives me all the possibilities and tools to work on my project, without having to rely on third party frameworks/APIs.”

Question #2: Are there any challenges in running a server that Hytale will negate, if any?

Arcev’s Response: “Development Support. In Minecraft there was a problem with communication between bridging server software and official support for newer versions. I believe the new systems will have an Impact on many functions of Hytale as well as its development since they are working on the software to work officially with community servers.”

Loka’s response: “I've heard that there will be a public server list where anyone can find any server with ease. This will allow me to get more players more easily.”

CaptainKeyboard’s Response: “[I have] never run a public server so I don't really know the troubles of a server administrator. As far as I know mods will be server-sided, so no player has to have the right mods installed before joining a server…I think that this will lead to a gigantic variety of servers, with huge player bases, where two servers can be viewed as two completely different games. I am so excited to see what's possible.”

Question #3: On the contrary, what challenges do you foresee Hytale having, if any?

Arcev’s Response: “Bugs. Newer games will have game breaking bugs that will create a bad time for server owners and their playerbases. Basic Server modification to suit needs will be challenge because I believe it is being written in a different coding language.”

Loka’s response: “I believe it will be challenging to make something unique as everyone will be doing the same thing as I am. I just need to find a good theme that will make it stand out as unique. “

CaptainKeyboard’s Response: “Hytale has to prove itself. The stake is pretty high for the developers and they have to come up with solutions to realize the promises they gave us. I foresee that when Hytale releases, it's not the way we want it to be. Many features will be different than we imagined, many things we hope for, will not be in the game. I would give everyone the advice to never set your expectations way to high!”

P.’s Response: “The biggest challenge I am facing right now, is not being sure on the extent of content that will be in Hytale. I want my server to work with Hytale's features, but because information is so far and between it can be hard to plan. Hytale is going to have an uphill battle. Hytale is going to be compared to Minecraft…and [they need to] try to show people they aren't a Minecraft clone.”

5e7b9f7350cbcd001176c5d1_13___oasis_biome_1.jpg

Your Server

Question #4: What is the general Idea of your server? I.E. SMP, Minigames

Arcev’s Response: “Planning to start out small with a SMP to understand the systems needed to create more complex gamemodes like PvP, adventure, etc.”

Loka’s response: “I am going to run a minigames server with a few familiar fun gamemodes at the start, but they will of course also need to stand out from other minigames made before. I have three main gamemodes in mind right now. They include: CTF but with a twist, Build Wars and TNT Games. I'm absolutely certain that I will be adding more gamemodes to this idea though.”

P.’s Response: “With Hylo I plan to focus on the essentials of survival. Hylo will focus on stability, quality of life features, socialization, and extra content that just make sense. “

CaptainKeyboard’s Response: “Actually, I have two to three servers I want to work on. They all revolve about mods I currently plan. A minigame server, a battleground server and a dynamic/mmo-style battleground server. The whole project is called "Kingdoms" and is split into three mods.”

Question #5: What gave you this Idea? How did you come up with it?

CaptainKeyboard’s Response: “The idea for Kingdoms Classic came when I was in eighth grade. A very good friend, let's call him Steve for now, and I were fantasizing about games we wished to exist. We exchanged ideas and concepts and combined our thoughts. The result was the birth of what I now call Kingdoms Classic. Besides from Kingdoms Velion was also created at that time. Velion is a fictional continent in a fantasy world we also still work on…This might also play a role for my servers.”

Loka’s response: “I absolutely adore minigames servers in Minecraft so I'm sure they will be equally as good if not better. So I figured I would go ahead with the idea of a minigames server. Simple as that. “

Arcev’s Response: “Minecraft will always have a place in my heart as the most versatile indie game ever created. Hytale gives off the same idea but with possibly better support, tech, etc. Minecraft 2 Server lmao”

5e7ba02450cbcd001176c5fb_28___autumn_forest_biome.jpg

Question #6: Do you plan on having any mods or textures in use on your server? If so, are you planning on making them yourself?

P.’s Response: “Yes. The biggest plan is for everything to flow together. For example, if I [were] to add a fire sword, instead of having the player type /firesword we could have them put the sword on a hot surface. The plan of my mods [is] to have the player question if it's a mod, of a Hytale feature they didn't know about.”

Loka’s response: “I'm not very good with scripting so I will be hiring someone to create custom textures, items, models, etc. and incorporate them into my server. “

Arcev’s Response: “The only mods I plan to incorporate is moderation and basic system tools like possibly a claim system. Once complex gamemodes comes about there will be more.”

Question #7: Do you have any prior experience with running servers? If so from where? (like Minecraft for example)

CaptainKeyboard’s Response: “I ran multiple private servers for me and my friends, including multiple Minecraft servers. In terms of large-scale servers, I never had one. So no, I wouldn't say that I have experience in running servers.”

Loka’s response: “This will be my first time running a full-time public server so this will definitely be an adventure for me, those I work with, and my users. “

P.’s Response: “Yes. I ran 2 major Minecraft servers. So many times, I saw my competition running laggy, pay to win servers, with a laundry list of confusing commands. I found when you manage the base first, players have a better experience. Seeing your server go from 0 to 100 players is exciting.”

Arcev’s Response: “I have 5 years of experience in running servers and using them to create unique experiences apart from vanilla is something I enjoy doing.”

5e7ba08850cbcd001176c621_41___sunlight_through_trees.jpg

Conclusion

That is all! Maybe now you have a better view of the kinds of servers we will be seeing on Hytale’s release. I could not have done this without the amazing server creators that responded so quickly and kindly so please, check them out with the links below and maybe, when Hytale releases, jump on their server! Finally, there are so many other server creators out there that I could not reach out to due to the vastness of their numbers, so keep your eye out for them!

Arcev: Founder of ProjectArc (Current Minecraft server)!
(Link to their discord)

https://discord.gg/HH8kRQrgpK

P.: Creator of upcoming server, Hylo!
(Link to their discord)

https://discord.gg/a9k6mFk

CaptainKeyboard: Creator of upcoming server(s), Kingdom’s!

Help Wanted - Kingdoms - Battle for Velion [Arena][Battleground][Conquest] | Hytale Forums: Hytale Mods | Hytale Servers | Hytale Guides (hytalehub.com)

Loka/Glidest: Creator of upcoming server, GlidestGames!
(Link to their discord)

https://discord.gg/9p7NSKNvPz

Final Note: Some of the responses were incredibly in-depth and in order to keep this post neat I did some editing and paraphrasing of the responses (as you might have noticed). Here are the original, unedited interviews --> Hytale's Future: Servers (Un-edited) | Hytale Forums: Hytale Mods | Hytale Servers | Hytale Guides (hytalehub.com)

Kairu

Staff member
Helper
Wow! i hope this inspires people to see how good it would be to be here :) this is some great work

CaptainKeyboard

First of all, thank you Antnest for letting me take part in this blogpost. I look forward for more blogposts of yours ;)

It was pretty interesting to read what other (ongoing) server owners have planned and what problems they think we might run into. I wish to visit all of your servers when the game releases and I hope you (we) won't run into to much problems while working on them.

Zodak

Lead Moderator & Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Master
The potential this game has shown so far is unmatched.

Reyrey

i heard a vid saying minecraft is trying to copy hytale because there scared to lose and hytale beating them.

give you link later.

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
Great post!

Pearson Wright

Great read. One can only speculate as to how many amazing and unique servers will manifest in the future once the game releases. :)

Maniac

Staff member
Brilliant post!

Char

Staff member
Master
Whoa. Great job Ants. That was great.

Glidest

Gliderator
Staff member
Hey great post @Antnest8 hope I'm not too late for responding. Also, thank you for including me in this blog post!

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Your welcome! It was a pleasure to work with you on this project! Maybe once Hytale kicks off, we could collaborate again!

Reyrey

That got to be a talent.

Arcev

Glad to be apart of this upcoming community.
Club Arc is the name of the server when it is released to the public with Hytale.
I will likely be a part of the beta, so I should have some knowledge and a awesome time figuring out all the systems.
There will probably be a beta version too that will be vanilla.

Gregory S

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Site Admin
☑️Verified
This is a pretty interesting read.