• Hytale-Servers.org and Hytale-Servers.com and Hytale-Server.com are officially giving away FREE Sponsored Slots to a few lucky server owners who register on each of the two websites prior to Hytale's official release! Registration is easy, and only takes about 30 seconds! Don't miss out! 🥇

Help Wanted Kingdoms - Battle for Velion [Arena][Battleground][Conquest]

CaptainKeyboard

Forum Banner 3.jpg

Visit the Kingdoms Blog to get the latest news as fast as possible!

Update (September 2020):

As suggested, I created a blog website! Kingdoms Blog Website
To maintain THIS thread and the blog at the same is a lot of work for me. I'm not good with words so it takes me hours to write stuff down, therefore the latest news are annouced on the blog page first and are then posted here. I will only have two updates in this thread, all other updates are archived on the blog.​
This post will be extended in the next few days, to read the actual updates NOW visit the blog page!​

Update (August 2020):

It's been a long time since I started this thread. In the mean time a lot of things have changed and the plan was altered. I realized that the final goal, for what Kingdoms should once become, was way to hard to be tackled from the beginning. Before we learn to run we should learn to walk. And so my plan needed a different approach. The problem was that I didn't want to develop this mod step by step without having a actually playable portion after each step.​
The project needed a structure in which each milestone would be a playable component. I was thinking a lot about where to start and what to target first. The smallest playable component was the capturing/conquering part of Kingdoms, so this has to be my first big milestone. To have this first milestone be a standalone mod more things have to be added then might be needed for the final goal (Kingdoms Classic/Rise & Fall), but I hope that most of it can be used in the end.​

About this concept:

Kingdoms is a project that consist of three phases each of them as a standalone mod. Their functionality varies from small scale arena battles to large scale world wars.​

Phase 1 (Kingdoms - Conquest):

Description:

Minigame - Small scale arena battle (4-16 Players)
Conquest is the first phase of Kingdoms and will give the possibilty for small scale arena battles. Players will be able to join a team and compete against other teams. The goal of each team is to reach their objective that's defined through the gamemode, giving the opportinity to have a variety of different gamemodes/objectives. This part of the concept draws inspiration from typical gamemodes of well know games like Battlefield, Battlefront, For Honor and many more. Control points and objectives can be defined by the server admins.​
The first step for Conquest is to get a "team conquest"-like arena mode running. In this scenario two or three teams will try to claim all capture points and defend them as long as they can. After a certain team score was reached the team with the highest score wins. I will try to make it modular, so other arena modes can be defined later on (like Deathmatch, king of the hill).​
Features:
  • Control Points
    • Spawn Point
    • Capture Point
      • A capture point can be claimed by a team, giving the controlling team score points.
    • Objective Point
      • Currently a wildcard, could be like a capture point but only get claimed once. This could be used for arena modes with multiple stages.
  • Teams
    • Will be balanced on the start of a match. Players may switch teams if they are somewhat equal.
  • Objectives
    • To win a match the objectives have to be targeted. Objectives depend on the gamemode and may vary.
  • Custom Gamemodes
    • e.g. Deathmatch, Conquest, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill
  • Win condition: The player/team with the highest score wins the match. The match either ends when the time runs out or a certain score was reached.
Phase 2 (Kingdoms - Classic):

Description:
Serverwide system - Medium/large scale battleground (>16 Players)
Two or more factions will fight over the supremacy of a large scale, prebuild map. Outpost, villages and cities constist of multiple control points (This mechanic is taken from Conquest). Only if all control points are captured by one faction the region is claimed. Regions get besieged when a faction attacks a region of the enemy. Before a faction can start an assault a campaign must be started, giving the enemy faction the opportinity to defend the attacked region. A simple resource system is present giving the factions the option to use them as strategic resources to defend or attack a city.​
Features:
  • Regions
    • Multiple Control Points
    • Besieged when not all Control Points belong to one faction
    • Claimed when all Control Points belong to one faction
  • Factions
    • When joining a server for the first time the player must chose the faction he will fight for. This decision can later be changed.
  • Parties
    • Parties can be created giving the possibilty for smaller dedicated groups. This also helps friends to keep track over each other.
  • Simple Resource System
    • Strategic resources can be used for an assault or for defending a region.
  • Additional Objectives
    • Small objectives are scattered around the world, giving players more variety on what to do. E.g. dungeons?
  • (Campaigns)
  • Win condition: A faction conquers all regions or a defined time runs out.

Phase 3 (Kingdoms - Rise & Fall):

Description:

Serverwide system - Dynamic large scale world war (>20 Players)
In Rise & Fall the system of Classic is taken and put into a regular open world of Hytale, creating endless possibilities. Instead of predefined factions players can start their own factions and create own outposts/villages. Villages can later be evolved into cities, but certain requirements have to be fullfilled to do so. Huge part of the third phase is the playerbased economy system. Through trading and production the value of resources is defined. Other than for Conquest and Classic there is no win condition for Rise & Fall, players could fight for eternity in this endless world.​
Features:
  • Endless war
  • Dynamic Factions
    • Independent Factions
      • Factions that don't rely on other factions.
    • Sub Factions
      • Smaller factions that are part (clientel) of a larger faction.
    • Relationship to other factions
      • War can't be declared to allied factions. This prevents a rebellious group of players of a faction to start a war with another allied faction.
    • Rivaly/War declaration
  • Dynamic Regions
    • Start as outpost/village, can later be evolved in cities.
  • Playerbased Economy
    • Taxes
    • Trading
    • Production
  • Jobs
Got Questions? Want to help?

If you are interested in joining this project or have any specific questions you can contact me here or on Discord (CaptainKeyboard#8550). At the suggestion of pqtch I also created a Discord server that you can find bellow.​

Join my Discord server!

Origin of the concept:

The idea for this project is way way older than the concept itself. In the glories old days of Minecraft (~2013) a friend of mine and myself had this idea of creating a server where players fight over the rulership of territories, life on the streets as traveling merchants or work in some old and brittle coal mines. The problem was that this concept was just not feasible in Minecraft. Parts of it could have been made, but the longer I tought about it the more I was certain that Minecraft wasn't suitable. Starting with the awful combat mechanics, over to the bad performance and ending with the modding libraries changing from year to year.​

About myself:

I'm 21 Years old, I live in Germany and currently I'm in an apprenticeship as a software developer. Before that I studied software engineering for two semester and even before that I was at an IT school. As you can tell I have a little bit of experience :p But before you have high expectations I must admit that this is my first serious modding project I worked on.​

Last edited:
Sounds really nice. Where are the updates you talked about? Do you have link to a GitHub repository?

CaptainKeyboard

Hello Jimmy, I'm glad someone finally replied to this thread. I would say that the project changed from ground up. Instead of starting with extremely high goals I tuned them down big time. This doesn't mean that the initial idea isn't targeted anymore, it just means that I came up with some more realistic milestones.
Kingdoms will come in three phases. The first phase will be a team conquest-like gamemode, where two ore more teams will fight against each other, in a predefined map. The socond phase will be the "old" concept: A prebuild world with prebuild cities where two or three factions will battle over the control of the regions. And the third and last phase will be a dynamic system where player can start their own factions and build their own villages and cities.
Each phase has some mandatory elements for every next phase. The conquering system from the first phase is needed for the second, and the city/outpost system is required for the third phase.
In theory every phase will be a seperate and standalone mod.

I will update this thread tomorrow and give more detail about my plans. I must admit that I'm currently not working on the concept. As I have told I was never working on a serios modding project, so currently I have no idea on what to do without having an api that I can work with.

Last edited:

Antnest8

I just have a question, In the early stages (Kingdoms-conquest) will there be player factions that can be joined outside of the game, these factions can carry over to other games and allow larger scaled factions later on in Kingdoms- Rise & Fall, and finally I'm guessing that Kingdoms- Conquest and Classic will be winnable, does Rise & Fall have a definite end? Is it like a factions game, or it just has a really long reset time?

CaptainKeyboard

Hello Antnest,
I see that my descriptions are a little bit unclear, I will try to rework them.

On servers Kingdoms Conquest could be implemented as a minigame. Players then have to opportinity to join the arena or just play the regular game. Factions are not a part of this concept (at least for now), only in Classic and Rise & Fall. In Conquest teams are only a temporary group of players that could change after every match.

Yes Conquest and Classic are winnable.

Conquest can be compared to gamemodes out of other games like Battlefield or For Honor. There are several capture points and after some time or after a team scores enough points (team scoreboard) the match is over. I will start with this "team conquest" arena mode, but I will try to make it configurable, so it gives the opportunity for different arena modes (like deathmatch, king of the hill).

Classic is comparable to something like Planetside 2. Players chose their faction and stay in them (Switching factions could be implemented). On a large map they now fight over the sumpremecy of all regions. Regions consist of multiple capture points (this mechanic is taken from Conquest). The win condition could be that they need to control all regions (what could take a long time), or the game ends after a certain time. In this scenario factions would be predefined by the mod or by the server admins (not by the players).

Rise & Fall is not comparable to any game I know. It takes the concept of Classic and (in theory) puts it into a regular open world of Hytale. People then have the opportinity to start own factions, create own regions (villages and cities) and fight over the whole map. The end of Rise & Fall would be a reset of the server.

In theory Conquest and Rise & Fall (or Conquest and Classic) could be designed to work together, sounds interesting to me.

I hope this answers your questions.

Have a good time ;),
CaptainKeyboard

Last edited:

pqtch

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Master
Do you have a discord server for this yet?

CaptainKeyboard

Hello pqtch, I'm honored

I don't have a Discord server for this project yet. For now I am on my own, so there was no need for one :D But if more people are interested I could make one everytime.

pqtch

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Master
Hello pqtch, I'm honored

I don't have a Discord server for this project yet. For now I am on my own, so there was no need for one :D But if more people are interested I could make one everytime.
If you make one it could help to raise Hype for the server and keep people interested in it. If you want help with creating a server let me know.

Loka

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Update (August 2020):

It's been a long time since I started this thread. In the mean time a lot of things have changed and the plan was altered. I realized that the final goal, for what Kingdoms should once become, was way to hard to be tackled from the beginning. Before we learn to run we should learn to walk. And so my plan needed a different approach. The problem was that I didn't want to develop this mod step by step without having a actually playable portion after each step.​
The project needed a structure in which each milestone would be a playable component. I was thinking a lot about where to start and what to target first. The smallest playable component was the capturing/conquering part of Kingdoms, so this has to be my first big milestone. To have this first milestone be a standalone mod more things have to be added then might be needed for the final goal (Kingdoms Classic/Rise & Fall), but I hope that most of it can be used in the end.​

About this concept:

Kingdoms is a project that consist of three phases each of them as a standalone mod. Their functionality varies from small scale arena battles to large scale world wars.​

Phase 1 (Kingdoms - Conquest):

Description:

Minigame - Small scale arena battle (4-16 Players)
Conquest is the first phase of Kingdoms and will give the possibilty for small scale arena battles. Players will be able to join a team and compete against other teams. The goal of each team is to reach their objective that's defined through the gamemode, giving the opportinity to have a variety of different gamemodes/objectives. This part of the concept draws inspiration from typical gamemodes of well know games like Battlefield, Battlefront, For Honor and many more. Control points and objectives can be defined by the server admins.​
The first step for Conquest is to get a "team conquest"-like arena mode running. In this scenario two or three teams will try to claim all capture points and defend them as long as they can. After a certain team score was reached the team with the highest score wins. I will try to make it modular, so other arena modes can be defined later on (like Deathmatch, king of the hill).​
Features:
  • Control Points
    • Spawn Point
    • Capture Point
      • A capture point can be claimed by a team, giving the controlling team score points.
    • Objective Point
      • Currently a wildcard, could be like a capture point but only get claimed once. This could be used for arena modes with multiple stages.
  • Teams
    • Will be balanced on the start of a match. Players may switch teams if they are somewhat equal.
  • Objectives
    • To win a match the objectives have to be targeted. Objectives depend on the gamemode and may vary.
  • Custom Gamemodes
    • e.g. Deathmatch, Conquest, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill
  • Win condition: The player/team with the highest score wins the match. The match either ends when the time runs out or a certain score was reached.
Phase 2 (Kingdoms - Classic):

Description:
Serverwide system - Medium/large scale battleground (>16 Players)
Two or more factions will fight over the supremacy of a large scale, prebuild map. Outpost, villages and cities constist of multiple control points (This mechanic is taken from Conquest). Only if all control points are captured by one faction the region is claimed. Regions get besieged when a faction attacks a region of the enemy. Before a faction can start an assault a campaign must be started, giving the enemy faction the opportinity to defend the attacked region. A simple resource system is present giving the factions the option to use them as strategic resources to defend or attack a city.​
Features:
  • Regions
    • Multiple Control Points
    • Besieged when not all Control Points belong to one faction
    • Claimed when all Control Points belong to one faction
  • Factions
    • When joining a server for the first time the player must chose the faction he will fight for. This decision can later be changed.
  • Parties
    • Parties can be created giving the possibilty for smaller dedicated groups. This also helps friends to keep track over each other.
  • Simple Resource System
    • Strategic resources can be used for an assault or for defending a region.
  • Additional Objectives
    • Small objectives are scattered around the world, giving players more variety on what to do. E.g. dungeons?
  • (Campaigns)
  • Win condition: A faction conquers all regions or a defined time runs out.

Phase 3 (Kingdoms - Rise & Fall):

Description:

Serverwide system - Dynamic large scale world war (>20 Players)
In Rise & Fall the system of Classic is taken and put into a regular open world of Hytale, creating endless possibilities. Instead of predefined factions players can start their own factions and create own outposts/villages. Villages can later be evolved into cities, but certain requirements have to be fullfilled to do so. Huge part of the third phase is the playerbased economy system. Through trading and production the value of resources is defined. Other than for Conquest and Classic there is no win condition for Rise & Fall, players could fight for eternity in this endless world.​
Features:
  • Endless war
  • Dynamic Factions
    • Independent Factions
      • Factions that don't rely on other factions.
    • Sub Factions
      • Smaller factions that are part (clientel) of a larger faction.
    • Relationship to other factions
      • War can't be declared to allied factions. This prevents a rebellious group of players of a faction to start a war with another allied faction.
    • Rivaly/War declaration
  • Dynamic Regions
    • Start as outpost/village, can later be evolved in cities.
  • Playerbased Economy
    • Taxes
    • Trading
    • Production
  • Jobs
Got Questions? Want to help?

If you are interested in joining this project or have any specific questions you can contact me here or on Discord (CaptainKeyboard#8550). At the suggestion of pqtch I also created a Discord server that you can find bellow.​

Join my Discord server!

Origin of the concept:

The idea for this project is way way older than the concept itself. In the glories old days of Minecraft (~2013) a friend of mine and myself had this idea of creating a server where players fight over the rulership of territories, life on the streets as traveling merchants or work in some old and brittle coal mines. The problem was that this concept was just not feasible in Minecraft. Parts of it could have been made, but the longer I tought about it the more I was certain that Minecraft wasn't suitable. Starting with the awful combat mechanics, over to the bad performance and ending with the modding libraries changing from year to year.​

About myself:

I'm 21 Years old, I live in Germany and currently I'm in an apprenticeship as a software developer. Before that I studied software engineering for two semester and even before that I was at an IT school. As you can tell I have a little bit of experience :p But before you have high expectations I must admit that this is my first serious modding project I worked on.​
Hello @CaptainKeyboard
I absolutely love this idea and can't wait to hear more about it and it's progression in the future. Keep me updated on Discord and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out, whether it be promotion, Discord help, etc. I will see what I can do to help.
Here's my Discord: LokaTheDutchAD#1099

CaptainKeyboard

Hello @Loka,
I'm glad that you liked it and I really appreciate your willingness to help me out. Thank you, I will come at you when I need help ;)

Maybe you can already help me. Even though I used Discord for years now I never used it for a community project myself, so currently I'm not sure on what to do with it. Do you like smaller updates every 2/3 weeks or bigger updates when I have something great to show? :D

I also think that I should promote my mod a little bit more. As for now I work completly on own and I believe that I could handle Conquest, but this could really change with Classic and Rise & Fall. What's your advice in therms of promotion?

Small update for now:
Currently I'm working on the concept for the architecture of Kingdoms Conquest. In this process I try to make every feature as convenient as possible so I can use them for the other phases without having to rework everything.

Loka

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Hello @Loka,
I'm glad that you liked it and I really appreciate your willingness to help me out. Thank you, I will come at you when I need help ;)

Maybe you can already help me. Even though I used Discord for years now I never used it for a community project myself, so currently I'm not sure on what to do with it. Do you like smaller updates every 2/3 weeks or bigger updates when I have something great to show? :D

I also think that I should promote my mod a little bit more. As for now I work completly on own and I believe that I could handle Conquest, but this could really change with Classic and Rise & Fall. What's your advice in therms of promotion?

Small update for now:
Currently I'm working on the concept for the architecture of Kingdoms Conquest. In this process I try to make every feature as convenient as possible so I can use them for the other phases without having to rework everything.
Firstly, I do like the idea of small updates every 2-3 weeks personally because it's easier for me to follow a small update rather than overwhelming me with a load of new updates all in one.
Secondly, I do recommend you make a HH group and maybe a blog so you can post your updates in the self promotion channels on the HH Discord with a link to the blog post. It was a wise decision to make a Discord server as well, reason being you can advertise your blog posts on there.
As for promoting your Discord server, you should include a link to it as well as a short couple sentences as to what it is in your signature here on HH.

Edit: I recommend you use Wix as it is free to start and it has many features and lots of functionality. You can upgrade to a premium plan with a custom domain at any time. You can temporarily bring your website offline at any time for fixes, additions, etc. My favorite part is that your website doesn't get taken offline unless you give the okay. 🙂

Last edited:

CaptainKeyboard

Hey you! You're finally awake. You were trying to get the latest news about Kingdoms right? Just like me! But wait no longer and read them on the new Blog for Kingdoms.

:LOL: Excuse me! I had no other choice!

Help Users
Not in our discord yet? Join now: https://discord.gg/g5cCDHG
Edit

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.