• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Will there be a storyline in Hytale?

Jesse

Staff member
Master
From what we know about the game there is somewhat of a storyline, but how much of a storyline will it be?
They said:
Beyond the oceans lie the infinite lands. Hytale's storyline won't take you out that far, but our worldgen
tech will ensure that there's always something for you to find beyond the edges of the world.
I don't know if this means that before the oceans there will be a pre-generated terrain. What do you guys think?
Will it be partly pre-generated with different caves etc or just an entire pre-generated storyline world. Also want
to know what you guys think the storyline will be, if it's just quests you need to follow or that you can chose which
quests you want to do first etc. Let me know, really want to know what people think.

Last edited:

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
Idk if there will be a storyline. I think not tbh. They probaly just mean the story-line that the community creates.

Niroski

We already know that there is already about 90 pages or lore for the game so thats gonna be one big Storyline.
As for the rest I'm not sure. Not enough information is come out yet on the Story other than there is one and its 90 pages long.

Sana

From what I can tell, there's no proper storyline, rather multiple scenarios that you play through as you advance through Adventure Mode via, I assume, some form of progression.

Jesse

Staff member
Master
What we do know is that there are different civilizations, I'm thinking maybe you can do some quests for them but of course it's not required. Interesting to see what they will do, maybe we will learn more in the next few weeks/months.

Ivan

There's just a big storyline, you follow it, probably by defeating bosses in order kind of like Terraria, or maybe similar to Subnautica's, being told to do things and explore and eventually leading up to the final event

There's just a big storyline, you follow it, probably by defeating bosses in order kind of like Terraria, or maybe similar to Subnautica's, being told to do things and explore and eventually leading up to the final event
or if you follow it, at the end you wil fight with void dragon