• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Will ranks from the Hypixel Minecraft server carry over to Hytale if there is a rank system?

Razorsharp10

I think it would be a good idea if the ranks you bought on the Hypixel Minecraft server carried over to Hytale so that people who have already bought the ranks don't have to buy the same ranks twice but for two different games (If the ranks will exist and have similar cosmetics). This would help people save money and also get cosmetics (and people that bought the ranks originally on the Hypixel Minecraft server could get a special cosmetic or something that shows them as original Hypixel Players or something like that) which a lot of people will want. If the game is free to play, this could allow people to still have their ranks but also put a rank system in for new players if they want to buy cosmetics. Lastly, I think ranks should not contain things crucial to the story line like a zone or even a planet that only ranked people can go to because that just makes the game less fun since you can't do everything in it, so I think ranks should just contain cosmetics only, like skins, weapon skins, emotes, pets, hats, etc...

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
No this is not going to happen. Minecraft and Hytale are 2 different games. That's like buying something on Call Of Duty which u can also use on Battlefield.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Yeah, just because they are made by the same people, it doesn’t make sense if the ranks carried over. They are two different games. It would also be extremely unfair for those that never played Minecraft. And, really, what perks could even translate into Hytale? I mean, most of the perks on the server would be based solely around Minecraft models, right? There would be no chance of this happening.

Razorsharp10

This is true, they are two different games, but it isn't uncommon for a company to have the same money-making system for multiple games. I know they didn't make Minecraft, but they did make the Hypixel Server and they do have a separate website store which and they could use those same ranks for Hytale and just have it give the rank to both when you buy a rank. Most game companies have some sort of membership to make money like Xbox Live, Playstation Plus, Origin Access, or some variant of that where the membership is for all the company's games and not just a single game. I also don't see how this could be unfair to new players who haven't played Minecraft (Other than the exclusiveness of items which I do agree may be a little unfair) since anyone can still buy the rank and if they made it so that you got the rank on both the server and Hytale by putting both a Minecraft username and some sort of Hytale username, it would save a lot of money considering some ranks are like $200... and the Hytale developers are literally making the game so they can put similar cosmetics in Hytale if they wanted to (Which is likely considering they are making the same map for the Hypixel server on Hytale the same as the map for the Hypixel Minecraft server). Also saying that this scenario is like "Buying something on Call Of Duty which u can also use on Battlefield" doesn't make much sense to me because those games weren't made by the same companies or the same developers meaning that it wouldn't make sense for them to do that, but Hytale and Hypixel Minecraft Server are made by the same person and developers and company so it seems more likely for them to do something like this. Maybe I'm wrong, but the Hytale developers don't seem like the type of people who would make you pay for something twice due to them having a different game and, not to mention, that game literally being based off of the Hypixel Minecraft server itself (with some unique things too since it is it's own game of course). If they don't make it free to play, I can see them making you pay for the game because that is clearly reasonable, it just wouldn't make sense for them to make you pay twice for a rank you already bought from them before and it really wouldn't be too hard for them to just carry the rank system and ranks over to Hytale. Who knows, the game isn't finalized yet so maybe they won't even add in a rank system at all but to me it seems very likely.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
But do you really think they will have the exact same ranks?

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
I still disagree. If that would exist, on what hytale server would u have the ranks then? All of them? And as @AgentB8 said: It would be unfair for people that have never played minecraft. Xbox Live, Playstation plus, etc... Microsoft (Xbox) and Sony aren't game developers so i think ur confusing it.

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
"doesn't make much sense to me because those games weren't made by the same companies or the same developers meaning that it wouldn't make sense for them to do that "
Minecraft and Hytale aren't made by the same game developers either.
And it would definetly make sense to buy "twice for a rank". Since it's not the same rank. Nothing is the same. It's already confirmed in their blog posts that nothing from hypixel will be reassigned on Hytale.