• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Will Hytale Servers be P2W?

Tohru

This is ive been wondering of for the past few days. Since Hytale would support independent servers would those independent servers have the freedom to be P2W, and will it be allowed by the EULA?

I am currently looking for ideas and theorems on this, so I can get a better view of the server experience thanks.

janq0

I think that they will have the same freedom as in minecraft. Im no expert tho.

Jesse

Staff member
Master
Yes P2W servers are allowed, I'm pretty sure that has been confirmed. I'm 99% certain there will be an EULA for Hytale but it will be way less strict as Minecraft's EULA. In the interview Noxy ( project lead for Hytale ) which can be viewed on the HytaleHub YouTube, he said that Minecraft's EULA is a good thing so that's why I think there will be an EULA for Hytale.

Tohru

Thanks for the replies.

Toad

It is up to the consumer whether or not they want to support a p2w server. It is a very libertarian and preferable model in my opinion for Hytale to follow.

Lion

Depends on server owners. Like I'd recommend playing on community based servers if you dont wanna run into P2W issues rather than actual Hytale made ones.

Game Syn3gy

Depends on how you see it. Hytale servers could have a P2W feature. This could be a good or bad thing, but if too many players abuse their ability to get OP right away, it may be a little difficult. On the contary, "homemade" servers, made by the community, could still have P2W features, but I think this is less likely.

I can't wait to see what Hytale servers will have, and the amazing community who make and play them!

[EDITED]

[Edit]:
I forgot to mention this in the original post, but it is likely that Hypixel will have to have some money to be able to keep their game running and potentially updating often. So this could be another reason why Hytale might have P2W servers, or features.