• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Will Hytale Beat Fortnite?

Glint

Verified
☑️Verified
Will Hytale Beat Fortnite? Watch to find out! :D

Jesse

Staff member
Master
All we can do is hope and see, but to be honest I don't think so.

Niroski

Here is some common sense.

Fortnite is way too big, plus it's free.
We don't know if Hytale is free or paid yet so here is my theory.

If Hytale is F2P it could stand up against Fortnite IF HYTALE IS A GOOD GAME. AND I MEAN GOOD.
BUT from the way things are going I doubt the Hytale is going to be F2P so I doubt it will be anywhere near as big as Fortnite. 78.3 million monthly players. (around Sep 2018) that is 36.3 million more players than PUBG has per-month.

You really gotta think about this.
That amount has probably increased from 78.3 million. The game is probably the most popular online game to ever exist.

When you mention views don't compare anything to likes, that is incorrect. If you think about it more people know about Fortnite more than Hytale. I can assure you that most of the population knows about Fortnite as it has been everywhere.

Billy

Retired Mod
That amount has probably increased from 78.3 million. The game is probably the most popular online game to ever exist.
Minecraft has 90 million monthly across all platforms... Fortnite isn't that big.

Plus - with games that are nothing by themselves (they require players for more players to come) it'll fall quickly.

If they stop getting full lobbies - people will stop playing. Plus, the extremely repetitive nature of the game means that people will get bored easily.

Niroski

Pretty much every game is repetitive and now Fortnite is even less repetitive with Creative mode.

The only reason why more people are Playing Minecraft is because:
1) It has been out for ages.
2) It is very easy to run on a computer.
3) It's fun.
4) Potential of modding.

Saying that people will get bored quickly is just a lie. If everyone got bored quickly then no one will play it. It has 70 million players for a reason because it's fun, free and keeps adding new exciting content.

djorro

Minecraft has 90 million monthly across all platforms... Fortnite isn't that big.

Plus - with games that are nothing by themselves (they require players for more players to come) it'll fall quickly.

If they stop getting full lobbies - people will stop playing. Plus, the extremely repetitive nature of the game means that people will get bored easily.
''Fortnite isn't that big.''
I don't like Fortnite but really?

Cute

Youtuber
YouTube
Master

Fortnite is bigger than Minecraft just an FYI

Billy

Retired Mod
Fortnite is bigger than Minecraft just an FYI

''Fortnite isn't that big.''
I don't like Fortnite but really?
It's easily beatable for a multi million dollar studio, right now: The industry is a mess of micro transactions, incomplete games. And fortnite came out right in time to snap up the market. It really doesn't take much to create a successful massive hit game across multiple platforms

Saying that people will get bored quickly is just a lie. If everyone got bored quickly then no one will play it. It has 70 million players for a reason because it's fun, free and keeps adding new exciting content.
It's a few month old, give it time.

Ninja is getting bored of fortnite, if that's not a sign. I don't know what is.

Last edited:
honestly no, fortnite's free hytale will no way in hell be, the game will be frowned upon if its too kid friendly too, so that's where devs really need to focus

Glint

Verified
☑️Verified
Its just the fact that Hytale already has such a huge community already

Niroski

It is big, but not big enough.
And that price of the game will make it even smaller.

Goku

Master
Master
Hytale will eventually beat Fortnite.

Hytale has been getting a lot of popularity recently, however, there is still a huge gap between the two.
fb49d8aa12df9b3f38cfbf2b6178f630.png
I think In time Hytale may beat fortnite, since fortnite has been on a decline since December, and likely won't get more popular.

Jesse

Staff member
Master
Fortnite is like overwatch, it get's really hyped and really popular but if you play it long enough it's just the same thing over and over again. With Hytale everytime you play it is different which is why I think the life of Hytale will far outlive the life of Fortnite and will eventually surpass it.

Last edited:

Glint

Verified
☑️Verified
Agreed! :D