• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Who thinks there will be in-game currency?

In-game currency

• Yes

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Willllliam010

Member of The Sinners
Master
In-game currency like v-bucks or minecoins

mykon01

I dont think so, I think the game will be payed (15-20) but i believe they said that if server owners chose to have in-game currency they will be able to

yolothebow

I doubt it honestly, maybe on player-hosted servers tho

Niroski

It all depends whether the game is going to be F2P or P2P.

If the game is F2P then yes, I would imagine a currency to purchase cosmetic items.
If it's P2P then no I doubt a currency would come to the game.

Moe420

I really think AND hope there will be ingame currency. Before you hate me, give it a shot:
- In-Game currency giving such a game a good headstart to make up for all the time and money they have invested so far
- It can be useful for real fans to show off their respect and support
- It seperates big spenders from casual players (which sounds bad, but is a good thing which keeps games alive actually!)
The most important thing is to keep a good balance between casher items and lootable items. You could implement loot bonuses for example, or more gold drops for a few hours so people cant directly buy the ingame cash but rather go and farm while their gold-loot booster is active!
Get that right and the game will be perfect indeed!
And I also really hope cosmetic items will be availabe for store currency rather than ingame gold drops.

Niroski

I wouldn't mind if
I really think AND hope there will be ingame currency. Before you hate me, give it a shot:
- In-Game currency giving such a game a good headstart to make up for all the time and money they have invested so far
- It can be useful for real fans to show off their respect and support
- It seperates big spenders from casual players (which sounds bad, but is a good thing which keeps games alive actually!)
The most important thing is to keep a good balance between casher items and lootable items. You could implement loot bonuses for example, or more gold drops for a few hours so people cant directly buy the ingame cash but rather go and farm while their gold-loot booster is active!
Get that right and the game will be perfect indeed!
And I also really hope cosmetic items will be availabe for store currency rather than ingame gold drops.
It is possible for the game to have purchaseable cosmetic items, but if the game already costs money then I don't think it is needed unless the game is struggling to make money.

Carrot

Master of Carrots
Master
if there was one like in most rpgs i would like it if you can use it to buy from shops and stuff

Bright

In-game currency doesn't have to be paid.
Maybe you're able to earn it by selling stuff on the marketplace, doing dungeons etc.

Or am I wrong?

I hope it just becomes a paid game without any microtransactions (expansion packs would be fine though in my opinion)

CorruptedGov

I think they are gonna stick with Minecraft's way of doing things on that topic.
Pay to get the game, free to choose a community server, single player story or just the creative (if existing).