• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Which programming languages will you need to know for Hytale.

Sithril

Sithril
Master
It has been a pretty long time since the game has been announced, and there have been many blogposts talking about how you can customize the game and everything. So what I do remember is that hytale servers are written in Java and that the client is written in C#, so I would assume you'd need to know C# for modding and Java for plugins. But maybe u could modify Hytale in a different language and it just happens that these languages were made to build the game.
So I am still insure about it, on another note: There is also ingame scripting, maybe that uses something like javascript or their own scripting language.

I am still very exctited, and if anyone happens to answer and know these languages I am still wondering where to start even learning them so be sure to share that. :D

pqtch

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Master
I dont know a lot of coding:(

alizardguy

I recall hearing Java

Sithril

Sithril
Master
So when I was looking at the latest blogpost I found out that they mention programming languages in the job offers.
1592063608273.png
1592063660107.png
I think them looking for C# engineers for the client and a backend java developer fits the idea that the client is coded in C# and the servers written in Java.

Pulse

There was a part of the trailer that featured the live-scripting portion of the game that looked more related to Javascript, you can always play it back if you'd like and attempt to identify the language

Sithril

Sithril
Master
There was a part of the trailer that featured the live-scripting portion of the game that looked more related to Javascript, you can always play it back if you'd like and attempt to identify the language
1593807030741.png
Yeah looks like JS to me
Instanceof = js
I mean if the server is written in java as they said, would make sense theyd go for something that looks like JS. On top of that there's a ton of custom JS modules, frameworks, libraries so it wouldnt be that crazy for them to have sometihng like that too.

GavinTheCrafter

View attachment 1808
Yeah looks like JS to me
Instanceof = js
I mean if the server is written in java as they said, would make sense theyd go for something that looks like JS. On top of that there's a ton of custom JS modules, frameworks, libraries so it wouldnt be that crazy for them to have sometihng like that too.
I think if even ingame scripting is written in JS, then I'm pretty sure that all modding will involve JS. Would be weird to have separate programming languages for singleplayer and multiplayer mods. C# is just the language they wrote the engine in.

Also I'm pretty sure they showcased modifying the game using JSON files, so this makes me even more confident that all modding will involve JS.