• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Question What will be available to test in the Beta? Will it be free?

Petramoss

Hey all,

I have found a surprisingly small amount of info on what we could expect to see as available to play with in the Beta. Aside from the Hytale Wiki having a small page on Beta 1.0 I also couldn't find out if that wiki page is moderated by members of the Hytale team. However, if this page is anything to go by then we can expect to gain access to the 3 main gameplay modes of adventure, multiplayer and the (modding) tools that come with it.

I for one would also like to know if this Beta version is going to be free to access, to those who were signed up for it?

(Feel free to link to more relevant threads as I'll add edits to my post to redirect to those.)

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
There are no Hytale Wiki's that are moderated by members on the team (In fact the team has no official community sites). Everything in that page is speculative at the moment.

The fact is, that the beta is probably one of the most elusive subjects for an already elusive game! We just have no Idea what we will get. However, I would think it reasonable that the Creator tools will be released and that the Adventure mode will be available.

Petramoss

No community sites? What are we on now? Is this not a community site, or is it just not owned by Hypixel, and still has staff activity.

Adventure mode is probably the most likely of the game modes, though it would surprise me either if the story will be capped (assuming you that you need to go to all the zones to complete the story) by only being able to venture as far as Zone 4. Also with the creator tools, it is such a fundamental component of what Hytale means, not including them would be a shame.

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
No community sites? What are we on now? Is this not a community site, or is it just not owned by Hypixel, and still has staff activity.

Adventure mode is probably the most likely of the game modes, though it would surprise me either if the story will be capped (assuming you that you need to go to all the zones to complete the story) by only being able to venture as far as Zone 4. Also with the creator tools, it is such a fundamental component of what Hytale means, not including them would be a shame.
This site is not affiliated with Hypixel Studio's, therefore we only know as much as anyone else can. The only places the Hytale team actively interacts with the community is really just twitter, with occasional appearances on forums (Like reddit, autcraft and this one). None of which they actually do any moderating.

As with the zones, It is my personal belief that zones 5 and 6 will be available in the beta. It would be incredibly hard to take out 2 entire sections of the world out without experiencing a multitude of bugs. The reason they are not announced is most likely for some mystery and to avoid spoilers.

That is just my opinion

Petramoss

This site is not affiliated with Hypixel Studio's, therefore we only know as much as anyone else can. The only places the Hytale team actively interacts with the community is really just twitter, with occasional appearances on forums (Like reddit, autcraft and this one). None of which they actually do any moderating.

As with the zones, It is my personal belief that zones 5 and 6 will be available in the beta. It would be incredibly hard to take out 2 entire sections of the world out without experiencing a multitude of bugs. The reason they are not announced is most likely for some mystery and to avoid spoilers.

That is just my opinion

Ah I see. So you are a staff memeber of this website or Hypixel?

That does make sense, but seeing as worldgen is procedural, and that we will as players have the ability to make our own zones (or edit?) then wouldn't it just be a case of disabling them in the worldgen algorithm? I am not a software engineer, and know nothing of complicated backend code... Or would worldgen be front end as it allows the display of something for the players? Maybe I'm just blowing the scale of customisation up a little too big perhaps? I'd imagine that the game itself will need to hold some restriction, as to allow Hypixel to continue developing the game to their vision. Also another point towards why the game SHOULD NOT be open source (Aside from mega scams, account security, and redistribution problems.)

But so far I'm very pleased with the amount of concept art that we have to pine over, as revealing too much just takes away the experience of discovery, something I personally believe is a big part of Hytale.

GavinTheCrafter

Ah I see. So you are a staff memeber of this website or Hypixel?
No, he's not, but that would be pretty cool

Also another point towards why the game SHOULD NOT be open source (Aside from mega scams, account security, and redistribution problems.)
I've heard people say this all the time that everything should be open source. What you're not taking into consideration is monetization.

Aside from donations and the like, there is no way to monetize open source software, because people could always modify the source code and make a free version of Hytale with everything unlocked. Even ads are impossible to do.
So unless you think Hypixel should get no money for their work, than it wouldn't make sense to make Hytale open source.

Plus, the team has said that they don't want anybody modifying the Hytale client directly in order to stop people from hacking the game. Making Hytale's client open source is just a free invitation for anybody to modify the Hytale client to create hacks and cheats.

Edit: I think I misunderstood what they said (I think they're saying that it should not be open source). I'll still keep this up though, it's useful information.

Last edited: