• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Question What do you think the beta will be like?

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Why hello there!

Now, I know we haven’t been given much information about the beta itself, including the date (which isn’t what I’m asking about). But I thought we could all share our ideas on exactly what the beta experience will be...
That is for the content creators that get a key...
Anyway, I guess I’m just not sure how they’re going to structure it. I’m not an expert on betas for games, I’ve never actually been a part of one. Will they include pretty much the entirety of what they have at that moment, story and all? Are the beta testers going to play through the entire game? Or will it be the whole game, just without the story? Maybe just the first half? I don’t know, maybe someone else has a better idea of this than me. Any thoughts?

Ella

Good hopefully? :p

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
My brother and I think the beta might only have a few zones in it. But it think it will a least have limited multiplayer abilities.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
My brother and I think the beta might only have a few zones in it. But it think it will a least have limited multiplayer abilities.
That would actually make a lot of sense. They wouldn't need to give us everything just to test out bugs, but they would definitely need us to test out multiplayer.

alizardguy

I hope the beta allows you to use the minigames, I just wanna play some skywars man

Catbert45

Verified
☑️Verified
I think the beta would probably have some unfinished or missing graphics and dialogue, plus the story mode would not be complete and minigames would be limited. However, I think both the story mode and multiplayer should be available so people can test and get a feel for everything. I'm not sure if story mode progress would be able to be carried over to the actual release, I assume no if they change a lot but it would be awesome if the first few zones of story mode were already finished and progress could be carried over. Multiplayer would likely have the basic, most popular modes from Hypixel: Skywars, Bedwars etc. I'd be excited to see what Bedwars would look like with more weapon types and (maybe) character classes. PVP would be interesting with multiple combat styles and weapons instead of just swords and bows being the only playstyle.

Zodak

Lead Moderator & Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Master
I'd be really happy to be able to play with friends in the beta. We can only hope!

pqtch

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Master
I just want to be able to play with friends!

NoahS04

Staff member
☑️Verified
My idea was this:
These people can get beta access:
- influencers
- random people from the beta application
- hytal communities like hytalehub or regional communities are getting keys to giving away
- maybe key drops?

pqtch

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Master
My idea was this:
These people can get beta access:
- influencers
- random people from the beta application
- hytal communities like hytalehub or regional communities are getting keys to giving away
- maybe key drops?
I can definitely see that happening.

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
I do think that influencers will get access at the least, but a majority of beta access will be given to random people.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
I just hope that pressing that button guarantees beta access...

I have a ton of thoughts on what the beta will be like, obviously they will test out the main servers and online multi-player abilities, but I think that they will test out the single player adventures too. Single player is very hard to think of how it will be, will it be more story based, or will it be more survival based? Could there be different modes that you can choose from to get different ways of playing? I was thinking of ways to choose if you want a more story based world and a more survival based world.

Anyways, I really do hope that the beta gives us a good view to what is coming and also not giving us all the features so that they can surprise us when the game actually comes out.

Me knowing how logic in programming mostly works, will try to find as many bugs in the game and also give Hytale a way that I think will fix the bug. Unless they don't want me to give that information on how I think it could be fixed.

GavinTheCrafter

I think the beta will almost be a full release actually. All 6 zones in Orbis but no Far Lands and definitely no other planets. As for multiplayer, I think some of the minigame servers will be open, and custom servers will be open as well.

As for access, I'm thinking that everybody that signed up for the beta through Hytale's website will get the game. Of course if the game is p2p then people will have to pay first.

red death

I think they will only have 4 of the six zones and there won't be too much voice acting if there is a story mode and no multiplayer

Reyrey

I think the full version wont come out and only a part of it will come out but its most likely to come out for strong devises that can handle all there good stuff.