• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Summoing Combat Monsters

gilieart

hey guys, I aways liked summoning classes. on terraria it is my favorite game style and I would love if Hytale could have a good summon system. Now lets cut the crap and go to my toughts. Feedback is welcome.

summoning will be done by orbs, but you say: "lame, so wat?". well geting a orb is just the start of the proccess of summoning a companion monster. each orb have a "race" and a "archtype" pre determined for you to customise and insted of trowing it away once it became weak you can upgrade it.

you cant summon a monster of the orb right away once you find it (or craft), you will need a summoning table and resorces (mainly gems of the correct type) for create a contract with a monster.

the race of the summon gives a passive stat: maybe undeads have higher HP but cant be healed; golens have high defence, cant regenerate, but can be healed; angels have high magic resitence but low HP, etc...

during the contract proccess you can change its aparance. armor/clothes (I saw a blog post about the creation engine and a part have several clothes and hairstyles of a zombie that they are showcasing. I think it may work with it), bodytype (if aplicable) and attack style . the idea is melee attacks will do more damage and ranged... well, will be ranged.

insted of limiting a summoner by the number of summons like in terraria, summoning a monster will temporally apply a debuff of % total mana reduction based on the archtype of the orb.

lastly player will be able to craft a "left hand" wand that you can order the summons to attack a specifc target. making they usable of pvp. (one of my gips of terraria, is that summons are uselless in pvp)

to make the most of summons you will need a summoner armor that reduce the debuff and make summons stronger. its defence will be between a ranger and a mage.
players with no summoner gear will have the summons weakened.

---------------------------------------------

Archtypes

well I though some archtypes that the game can have. I am thinking on naming they of some famous demons or something. any ways the are as follows:

The Swarm - Insted of a single summon it will bring about 5 small monsters. they are weak but fast, and attack on hit and run pattern. they have the potencial of being annoying as hell, so better they dont be capable of flying, but can craw on walls. they generally look like insects or small furry animals depending of the race (moving swords in case of golens). cheapest summon to sustain.

The Tank - he is big, draw enemies to himself and is slow. there will be 2 types: the classical that have a shield and taunts enemies. and the other that have a big *** ranged weapon. the looks of the weapon is based of the race: cannons for golens, big crossbows for angels etc... unlikelly the others archtypes, ranged attack of the tank does big burst damage but is slow to fire and does a small aoe.

The Soldier - this one is mainly a DPS summon. have a 2 hand weapons or a fast firing randed weapon. mostily used for single target damage.

The Mage - he is a glass cannon. melee one attacks on a cone aoe in front of him every 1 or 2 seconds. the rangend one attacks with big AOE atacks.

The Support - his armor is made of paper, he can do small heals or/and give party buffs of the party, prob one of the most expencive to summon on the mana debuff.

-------------------------------------------

Again Feedback is welcome, also better names for the archtypes would be nice other than Beelzebub and Abaddon.

gilieart

Some one on discord pointed to Poe summon system.

That is not what I am looking for.
Imagine yourself mining or dungeon crawling on Minecraft with 20 + summons following you.

I hather have few strong summons than a horde.

Also I want customisable summons so I can better express myself with my summons.

Fox

im 2 lazy to read everything but ok