• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Staff application - Vortex

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortex

Legend
Master
General questions
What is your forum username?

Vortex
What is your discord username?
Menonmoon#7734
How old are you?
What timezone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time
How many hours per day would you be available to devote towards Hytale Hub?
2-4 depending on the day.
Do you have any previous experience working on similar websites?
If we're being honest not really. I haven't been a moderator, helper or other administrative role on any other forum website. That's mostly due to the fact is I've never had an opportunity to take part in a role like that.
What are your real life hobbies?
The main hobby I partake in is computers, video games, and development. I've always had a niche for computers growing up so I got into Minecraft in 2012 and fell in love with video games. I eventually started to make my own computers and get into developmental things. I currently play CS:GO, GTA 5, Minecraft, and hopefully soon Hytale. As far as development goes I'm pretty basic and hodge-poge things together until they work. I know HTML, CSS, PHP and a little bit of Java Script.
Are you currently employed? If so, where?
At the moment I only freelance at the side on Fiverr.
Tell us about one of your greatest achievements in life, as well as one of your greatest failures.
One of my greatest achievements was getting a 4.0 GPA on my Freshman year report card. I have been working a lot for that and had many restless nights to maintain good grades and freelance on the side and trying to squeeze in socialization and sleep. It was reveling to get a grade I would be proud of. One of my greatest failures was to sell a website that would be worth a lot more today than when I sold it. I got worn out of working on it for so long I didn't want it anymore.

Scenarios

A user is spamming in our discord and you mute him. He then asks his friends to spam you. They do - how do you handle it?
I would mute the other friend too, as they used their decision making skills to decide it was worth it. I feel as the first person doesn't deserve any higher punishment because individuals should be held to their own actions and decisions.
Another staff member bans your friend and you disagree with his choice, what are you going to do and why?
I would tell my friend to go thru the unban process everyone has to do. Just because of their relationship with me doesn't mean anyone deserves special treatment.

Billy

Retired Mod
Thanks for applying to join our staff team!
Unfortunately, After reading over your application to become a staff member on our forums, we have decided to deny your application. Reading through your application, it appears you haven’t included sufficient detail in your answers. Please tell us about your experiences and what those experiences have taught you in terms of moderation or leadership.

A good example of this would be:
I was a moderator on ExampleMC, on this server I learned a lot about effective communication, learning that whenever I make a choice I must ensure that other staff members agree with this choice for example..

If you’re still interested in becoming a staff member on our website, you are able to do so in two weeks (February 11th). If you have any questions about your application, feel free to send me a private message.

Regards,
The HytaleHub application team

Status
Not open for further replies.