• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Staff Application - Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roll

Verified
☑️Verified
Roll's Staff Application

General Questions

What is your forum username?
Roll

What is your discord username?
Joshh#4137

How old are you?

What timezone are you in?
Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT+10)

How many hours per day would you be available to devote towards Hytale Hub?
As I am still in school, I would devote about 4 hours a day during the week and 6 hours+ on weekends.

Do you have any previous experience working on similar websites?
I worked as a staff member on the Minecraft Central network for over 2 years in which I acquired a great deal of knowledge regarding forum moderation as well as working with a large scale community. During my time at MC-Central, I was quickly promoted to senior moderator which is only given to few trusted members of the staff team who devote countless hours into the position and exhibit important qualities such as leadership. Being a senior moderator on this network meant that I was required to actively participate in conversation on the forums, lock threads which do not require further replies, and punish users who break set forum rules.

In addition to being a staff member on MCC, I have hosted a few Minecraft servers in which one of them averaged about 10-20 players daily. This server was called Mineblade and I invested a lot of time and money into running it with a few of our staff members. Hosting this server gave me the opportunity to understand how forums and websites work which gave me extensive experience in this area. It also lead me to Java development which I have now been learning for the past two years and have even done some Bukkit plugin commissions.

What are your real life hobbies?
My hobbies consist of swimming, coding, and gaming.

Are you currently employed? If so, where?
I do currently have a part-time job doing merchandising at a South African store. However, this job does not take a great deal of my time as I only work for about 5 hours a week and is purely just for a bit of extra money.

Tell us about one of your greatest achievements in life, as well as one of your greatest failures.
One of my greatest achievements would have to be being promoted as a senior moderator on the MCCentral network. I had to work very hard to get this and it was great to see that it all paid off. One of my greatest failures, however, would probably be breaking my collar bone during a school basketball game. I wasn't able to participate in any physical activity for 6 weeks and it made typing extremely difficult. I couldn't do a lot and each day I was becoming bored out of my mind. Once it finally healed I was able to quickly get back into the swing of things and fully recovered.

Scenarios

A user is spamming in our discord and you mute him. He then asks his friends to spam you. They do - how do you handle it?
I would simply issue another mute to the friend. While he may have been influenced to spam me, it doesn't mean he should have a different punishment to the first user.

Another staff member bans your friend and you disagree with his choice, what are you going to do and why?
While the user may be my friend, it doesn't mean he should be treated differently than any other player. If I really think that the punishment was false, I would first get the point of view of that staff member by simply speaking to them. If I am then still certain that he made the wrong decision, I would consult with a staff member in a higher position.

Billy

Retired Mod
Thanks for applying to join our staff team!
We’re pleased to tell you that your application has been accepted. Please check your private messages for further information. For information on what happens next, view our thread here: https://hytalehub.com/threads/673/

Regards,
The HytaleHub application team

Billy

Retired Mod
Thanks for applying for our team!
We really appreciate you coming and doing an interview with us the other day. After reviewing your interview, we have decided that it would be better to allow you to get to know our website for a few more weeks before allowing you to join our team. We expect helpers to know almost everything about our website, as a result we feel you should spend as much time as possible between now and your next application getting to know the website, the links and watching to see which questions are frequently asked.

You are able to reapply in 14 days (11th February)
You are allowed to use the same application again.

Status
Not open for further replies.