• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Staff Application - Redwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwood

What is your forum username?
Redwood

What is your discord username?
Redwood#0001

How old are you?
Currently 21.

What timezone are you in?
WET (Western Eastern Timezone)

How many hours per day would you be available to devote towards Hytale Hub?
I'm available to put in 3+ hours on weekdays, while 5+ on weekends.

Do you have any previous experience working on similar websites?
Although not specifically related to Hytale, I've worked on multiple forums, my role ranged from Helper to Moderator & Administrator. I've got years (5+ to be specific) of experience towards moderating forums and servers. This experience allowed me to perceive the importance of communication, teamwork & motivation towards striving to become the best. I'm a dedicated worker, meaning if you expect something of me, I'll try my best to keep up with the standards, and even surpass them.

What are your real life hobbies?
Sports (Muay Thai & Tennis)

Are you currently employed? If so, where?
I'm an independent worker, I export & import materials for big companies. If you'd like to know which or more about this, contact me through discord.

Tell us about one of your greatest achievements in life, as well as one of your greatest failures.
Not having any kind of degree, statistics show that people like me usually get stuck in the bottom percent of the population. I climbed my way up the ranks within multiple companies, went through a rough time where I had no one and became an independent worker, now I live a great life that some may only dream of at only the age of 21. I don't want pity or attention to tell this "sob story", but it's had a great impact on my life; My father used to own multiple factories that would make shoes for globally known companies such as Tommy Hilfiger & Prada. I was 17 when he unfortunately past away; Before doing so, he told me to make my own path and not just take the company and enjoy the money ride. I didn't really take it as something serious before him passing away, but when he did, I realized the importance of making my own path and going through the struggle of such. It shapes your character, your attitude, it pretty much makes who you are, and who you will become. I worked hard towards achieving what I've got today, and I plan to get even more.

My greatest failure would have been entering the my current business without doing proper research first. It caused me to lose a lot of funds I originally gathered (for 2 years) to become an independent worker. Fortunately, I managed to get it back by doing investment and almost doubling it, though it was by extreme luck. It showed that regardless of what I do, I should always analyze & research the situation so I know how to deal with issues properly.

Do you have any programming experience? If so, link any Github projects of portfolios that you own.
N/A, if you show me parts of the code, I'll be able to analyze it & modify it later on.

Scenarios

1. If I was able to confirm that the user was indeed spamming on the behalf of the first spammer, I'll warn him against it. If the user continues once again after the warning, I'll mute him & warn the original spammer that repeating such actions may result in a punishment further from a ban.

2. I contact the other staff member to discuss the punishment. If we get to nowhere and we still disagree, I'll bring a third staff member to help us see which one has the best resolution for the issue. Whoever the third staff member agrees with would most "overrule" the other. If the original staff member doesn't agree to bring in a third staff member, I'll report it to someone with higher authority to assist in handling this or just leave it be.

Note: If you don't agree with the way I handle things, I'm willing to learn & adapt my style to yours.

Last edited:

Billy

Retired Mod
Thanks for applying to join our staff team!
Unfortunately, After reading over your application to become a staff member on our forums, we have decided to deny your application. Reading through your application, it appears you haven’t included sufficient detail in your answers. Please tell us about your experiences (including giving server names, positions etc) and what those experiences have taught you in terms of moderation or leadership.

A good example of this would be:
I was a moderator on ExampleMC, on this server I learned a lot about effective communication, learning that whenever I make a choice I must ensure that other staff members agree with this choice for example...

If you’re still interested in becoming a staff member on our website, you are able to do so in two weeks (12th February). If you have any questions about your application, feel free to send me a private message.

Regards,
The HytaleHub application team

Status
Not open for further replies.