• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Staff Application - Dexu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexu

Verified
☑️Verified
General questions

What is your forum username?
My forum username is Dexu.

What is your discord username?
My discord username is Dexu#6442.

How old are you?
I am currently fifth-teen years old.

What timezone are you in?
My timezone of location is eastern standard time (EST).

How many hours per day would you be available to devote towards Hytale Hub?
I can devote at least four hours to Hytale Hub, and six hours at most.

Do you have any previous experience working on similar websites?
I have not worked on a forums before. However, I have worked on Minecraft servers before by just moderating in general. I have also been apart of the management side of a eSports team. I have been a helper on a server called CraftedMC. It was shutdown after three months from full release. The owner of CraftedMC also owned MineDroid, and CraftedRaidz. After CraftedMC, I was promoted to moderator due to activity and just helping out in general. This leads me on to the next server I was staff on, NiteArrivePVP. NiteArrivePVP was a great server to be on. It was very well set up and managed. It first was opened in 2014 but shut down in 2016 due to funding issues. After about 4 months while being staff as a moderator, I kind of just left the Minecraft scene and sadly resigned. This server is one of the servers that helped me become better at dealing with things and just being a good person in general. Next off, I was a helper on this one server called CloudNationSB. It soon turned into a network server consisting of Survival, Skyblock, and Factions, but has changed so much since then. The name and server CloudNation was shutdown a couple of weeks ago and merged with a server called AresPvP. I'm going to admit, I used to LOVE to play Towny. It was so enjoyable for me because I just loved the idea of making a town in Minecraft. This leads me to the next few servers I have helped by being staff on, EcoLife Towny, Mists of Avalon, and Pyrix Towny. EcoLife Towny isn't up as of my knowledge, but I was only staff on here for a few weeks. I for some reason donated $15 right when I joined. Which in my opinion, was a big mistake. I barely knew the people and wasn't really attached to the server when I first played. This led to me resigning as a moderator. Mists of Avalon, the server that aggravated me the most. The people inside the community wasn't bad. It was just the people who ran the server. I mainly applied so I could try and help change the way things were running. The staff's decisions made the community just not have a great time in general. I was harassed, and bullied on this server. I was off and on as a moderator for a month and a half. I finally decided to talk to the owner about why I resigned and no changes were made sadly. I do not know the status of the server. This brings me to the last server I have been staff on, Pyrix Towny. It was a pretty fun server. This server was the server that made me enjoy towny. It had so many cool features! Floating heads that were eyeballs, perks for when you buy in-game ranks with in-game currency. So. Let's talk about my eSports experience. I've never been a manager in more then one organization due to my age, but when I was one for DynamicGamingGG, I helped make sure everyone stayed in line and did what they were supposed to do. I was sadly kicked because of the teams new policy about age. You had to be sixteen and up to even be in the team. Which butchered half the teams population. It soon closed due to this. I only am in contact with the person who was head of management in DynamicGamingGG and the co-owner of AresPvP. So please DM me on Discord to get their information to talk with them. Thank you.

What are your real life hobbies?
My real life hobbies are to play Fortnite, graphic design, write, hang out with friends, and make Youtube videos. I recently started playing Fortnite when season 7 entered into Fortnite. I LOVE to graphic design in my free time. I mostly do freelance art for people who need it. I also love to write. I like to write plans about my future and mini stories. When it comes to hanging out with friends. I love going to the movies, to a pizza place, or just to the mall to walk around. I recently got into video production. I plan to make Hytale let's play videos for when it comes out. For now, I just make videos about the community itself. :)

Are you currently employed? If so, where?
Currently, I am not employed.

Tell us about one of your greatest achievements in life, as well as one of your greatest failures.
One of my greatest achievements in life is to make people happy and entertained. This is exactly the reason I started Youtube. I really hope this effects many people's lives to the point where they are happy. One of my greatest failures was when I went for Youtube my first time. I had no experience on how to make videos, but now I do. I will make this goal into a dream, then into a reality.

Scenarios

A user is spamming in our discord and you mute him. He then asks his friends to spam you. They do - how do you handle it?
At first, I would punish his/her friends going with whatever the staff guidelines says. Then, I would let them know they are spamming and breaking a rule. I would then let them know that they shouldn't cause problems because they were told to.

Another staff member bans your friend and you disagree with his choice, what are you going to do and why?
In the beginning, I would talk to the other staff member on why he/she was banned. If my friend was actually causing problems, I would make sure that the punishment that was given, was the right one. If my friend wasn't causing problems, I would let higher ranked staff know the situation and see what goes on from there.

Billy

Retired Mod
Thanks for applying to join our staff team!
We’re pleased to tell you that your application has been accepted. Please check your private messages for further information. For information on what happens next, view our thread here: https://hytalehub.com/threads/673/

Regards,
The HytaleHub application team

Billy

Retired Mod
Thanks for applying for our team!
We really appreciate you coming and doing an interview with us the other day. After reviewing your interview, we have decided that it would be better to allow you to get to know our website for a few more weeks before allowing you to join our team. We expect helpers to know almost everything about our website, as a result we feel you should spend as much time as possible between now and your next application getting to know the website, the links and watching to see which questions are frequently asked.

You are able to reapply in 14 days (18th February)
You are allowed to use the same application again.

Status
Not open for further replies.