• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Staff Application - Astro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro

What is your name?

Tyler, you can call me Ty, Tommy, or Astro!

How old are you?
I am 19, turning 20 in March.

Which country do you live in?
I live in the US (EST)

How many hours per day (on average) would you be available to devote towards Hytale Hub?
I tend to love forums/ community pages, especially way back in my Minecraft server days, so I can say at least 2-3 hours of my day will be spent on the forums from today moving forward.

Do you have any previous experience working at similar websites and/or companies/projects? (Please provide links and/or proof)
Unfortunately everything from this server has been taken down, but I thought I'd explain what experience I have. Years ago I started playing on Lemoncraft, and eventually became a Chat-Mod later raising to Head-Admin months later. The server soon evolved into what was NoZenPvP, which for some time rivaled OPCraft as an overpowered minecraft factions server, eventually turning into a well populated hub server with Prison, OPFactions, Factions, and some custom minigames. I spent a majority of my time with NoZen as a Staff Manager which translated to long hours on TeamSpeak, our forums, and the server. I loved the opportunity I had with working with a team to be able to create new, fun, innovative experiences. I would love to be apart of the growing community that Hytale will become, as I cannot be more excited for the future of this game.

What are your hobbies?
Sailing has become a huge part of my life (more on that later), I also love to ski, surf, SUP, robotics / coding as of late, as I intend on studying computer science and engineering in the coming year.

Are you currently employed? If so, where?
I currently hold a job in my town as an oyster shucker to be able to capitalize on some of the time I’ve had since deciding to take off this past semester of college. I work around 25 hours a week at this current job.

Tell us about one of your greatest achievements in life, as well as one of your greatest failures.
I will begin with my greatest failure, as it definitely had a significantly larger impact on my personal self than my greatest accomplishment. Last year I began my freshmen year of college, and I had just gotten denied from my top school so I made the choice to go to a cheap state college for a year. I went in with a mentality that this year would be the easiest academic year of my life because it was just a state school (I just didn’t care to be there really). I partied a lot, blew off my classes, but still managed great testing grades with failing attendance and homework. I failed 2 classes my first semester, but I told myself I just needed to try and I’d get the grades I deserved. Second semester was just as bad as I fell into old habits, and I faced some serious repercussions for my drinking habits in the last month of college as I ended up waking up in the hospital twice in one week not knowing how or why I was there. This was the wakeup call I needed to realize my life is right in front of me, and that I had to figure out how I was going to get the success I want from life.

This past summer I worked 40 hours a week to pay for a Outward Bound trip that I knew would change my life. 30 days on a sailboat in Maine in November with just the bare essentials. It was a team building/ leadership course that would take me and 4 other young adults on a journey we all knew little about. We had jobs everyday rotating from captain, navigator, two cooks, and a boatswain (basically the caretaker of the group for that day). We learned to work together in differing roles each day. We would plan our days travel every morning together. We cooked our meals for each other, and we talked about how we could improve anything and everything together. This trip was what I needed to be able to grow into myself, and understand that I have the ability to push myself to do anything, I just had to realize that I want it. I learned how to face conflict with people that I work with which has never been an issue for me, but 30 days with 4 people you’ve never met before on a 30ft sailboat will push anyone to the limit.

Success doesn’t just grow off of trees, especially when success can differ so much between individuals. I knew I’d have to pick myself up, and learn from my mistakes. I had to find what I wanted in life, and why I wanted to continue to push for my dreams. I learned more about myself from these two experiences than I have in the past 19 years of my life, I cannot tell you how eager I am for the future.

Do you own a Youtube Channel, Discord Server, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram page that could be potentially used to advertise Hytale Hub?
I’m in the process of completing my PC build for streaming, editing, and gaming. I’ve always wanted to pursue YouTube / Twitch, and so this coming week when I complete this project, I will be starting a new chapter with these two platforms, and social media.

Do you have any programming experience? If so, link any Github projects of portfolios that you own.
I recently started learning to code in Python online before I start going to school for computer science. I have found a brand new love for it, especially after what little experience I got from high school in robotics. This is definitely something I will be spending a lot of my time on, as I seriously love the endless possibilities programming allows for.

This is my first post, but I hope to share some awesome experiences with this community moving forward! Thanks for taking the time to read!

Billy

Retired Mod
Thanks for applying to join our staff team!
We’re pleased to tell you that your application has been accepted.
Please check your private messages for further information. For information on what happens next, view our thread here: https://hytalehub.com/threads/673/

Regards,
The HytaleHub application team

Billy

Retired Mod
This application has been denied.
You failed to attend an interview.

You are able to reapply on 10th February.

Status
Not open for further replies.