• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Skill trees for character classes?

In-game, you would have the ability to freely switch between any character class you want. For each class, there would be a skill tree to unlock different benefits with skill points you could earn from leveling up (you gotta have a level up system in an RPG). Each class also has a beneficial passive ability that is always active. And, of course, a skill tree's perks are only active if the corresponding character class is selected.

Example: A Sorcerer class would provide different benefits for using spellbooks, wands, or other magic weapons. An obvious choice for a passive ability is extra damage with magic weapons.

One concept for a character class I came up with that would be so cool in-game is The Tamer, the bringers of peace and tranquility to the creatures of the Hytale world.
Now obviously, you should still be able to tame regular animals as any character class. But The Tamer is different. Their passive ability makes any normally aggressive creatures neutral (they only attack you if you attack them). Specifically, only creatures such as spiders are "pacified," not Trorks or other things like that.

But later on while playing as The Tamer, you are able to befriend aggressive mobs to have them fight alongside you such as spiders, and later on, bigger and stronger creatures, such as the Fen Stalker or the Scaraks/weird bug things in Zone 2.

Honestly, part of what makes a RPG fun is having level up systems and skill trees. It would be a great feature to add Into the game.

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
I agree! Skill trees and levels are a core part of RPG gaming, I just don't know how they will implement it (if at all)

I agree! Skill trees and levels are a core part of RPG gaming, I just don't know how they will implement it (if at all)
Too bad the devs don't respond to the threads. 😞 But what do you think about the tamer concept I came up with?

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
I think it is an amazing Idea! It would fit with the fantasy vibe and also quite a colorful class considering Hytale's diverse wildlife! @CanadianFlash might be a fan of it as well... (he wants to tame raptors)