• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Reputation System

Should this be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Macedonian

Mineman
Legend
Master
Reputation System

Adding this will help dealing with people and knowing if they are trustworthy or not.

Let me know your opinion.
If you disagree please specify why.

Last edited:

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Well, this might lead to people getting upset about their own position and either quitting the game or causing problems. But I like the idea.
I think the developers would just need to be very careful to not offend anyone.
However, if it works, this could be a great hacker deterrent.

Macedonian

Mineman
Legend
Master
Well, this might lead to people getting upset about their own position and either quitting the game or causing problems. But I like the idea.
Your first sentence doesn't make any sense?

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Your first sentence doesn't make any sense?
What I mean, is if you see that you have a bad reputation, even if you know you did something wrong, some people might get angry.
Who would want to be called untrustworthy?

Macedonian

Mineman
Legend
Master
What I mean, is if you see that you have a bad reputation, even if you know you did something wrong, some people might get angry.
Who would want to be called untrustworthy?
I mean if the user violates the rules he deserves that nevative reputation and i don't think that will lead to quitting the game...

Billy

Retired Mod
You clearly don't understand what the original poster meant.

When someone does a trade with a user, they can give positive/negative feedback (Like on Amazon., mcmarket etc). It has nothing to do with cheating, nothing to do with the game itself (considering this is a suggestion for the forum), nothing to do with people trying to offend eachother etc.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Alright, I agree with the fact that, if you did something wrong, you have no right to get upset if you’re punished.

Billy

Retired Mod
Alright, I agree with the fact that, if you did something wrong, you have no right to get upset if you’re punished.
You're not getting punished, it's just a reputation. The idea being if someone had a bad experience you can let others know they're not very good.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
You're not getting punished, it's just a reputation. The idea being if someone had a bad experience you can let others know they're not very good.
Got it. Would that mean it’s only available to be viewed by others?

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
Yea, i like this idea very much!

Jesse

Staff member
Master
I think the idea is good, but there should be a system that doesn't immediately makes people with bad rep look unreliable.

Billy

Retired Mod
I think the idea is good, but there should be a system that doesn't immediately makes people with bad rep look unreliable.
But that's the entire point of the system - If people have done bad deals, they shouldn't be traded with.

LEGION

Master
Master
This isn't China.

yolothebow

i can rock with this idea

Jesse

Staff member
Master
But that's the entire point of the system - If people have done bad deals, they shouldn't be traded with.
Not necessarily, I think it should only be seen as a warning. If the user scammed someone or violated any other rules he/she will be banned anyways, so people with bad rap shouldn't be seen as scammers or unreliable if they did 50 good deals and 2 deals that didn't go so well.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Not necessarily, I think it should only be seen as a warning. If the user scammed someone or violated any other rules he/she will be banned anyways, so people with bad rap shouldn't be seen as scammers or unreliable if they did 50 good deals and 2 deals that didn't go so well.
Great point.