• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Player Race

MadMoxxi

So from what i gathered you could only play a human. It kinda dissapoints cause in these type of games a lot of players enjoy being non-human races.
So since you just confirmed the reputation (or "standing") system i think that if someone gets very close to a said race, an option should appear for the player to pass a ritual and join the race and its people--transforming into one of them of course.

Now i know its easier said than done but i just wanna get this idea out there.

Nic2121

Wiki Editor
Staff member
Wiki Editor
Um…that is not true

if you check the bottom of this blog post, It shows that the player can also be an Elf-like creature, this suggests that there are other playable options,
(maybe even providing the player with some kind advantages (whether bonuses to certain stats or something else)

However I do like the whole transformation Idea…

https://hytale.com/news/2019/2/customizing-your-character-in-hytale

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
In addition, at the bottom of this blog post, they show how the character model can be virtually any creature. Of course, their point was to show off modding capabilities, but it goes to show that the power is there, so you may even be able to play as more than just humans and elves. I also like your idea about being able to change your race while playing the game, which would indeed be unique. If it's not in the game, it will definitely be in mods. It's a good idea!

Game Syn3gy

From the clip of said player customizing a character in the Hytale trailer, there was a symbol in the UI that was never gone over. It resembled a smiley face. Some believe this to be Emotes, and less likely to be quick chat. But this could mean something else... Player Races. Nothing is for sure, but its meaning will be somewhat important.

What MadMoxxi said about rituals allowing the player to change their race via in-game events would be a more likely option, but again... Nothing is proven.

It is currently unknown how to change player race, and I am looking forward to what races we can play as!