• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

One thing I hope hytale will fix

magrihu

You probably all know the feeling, you joined a minecraft server that has been online for longer than a month or so and everything has already been looted. with a limited area for the story of the world in hytale, I really hope we will be able to continue our adventure by like dungeons that reset and offer new loot.

Jesse

Staff member
Master
I think it will be the same as Minecraft. Reseting dungeons would be kinda weird. Like Minecraft you can just explore further out in the world.

magrihu

Beyond the oceans lie the infinite lands. Hytale's storyline won't take you out that far, but our worldgen tech will ensure that there's always something for you to find beyond the edges of the world.

this means that the area of actual storytelling will be limited, so you cant find everything forever

ItzCrimzon

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Master
Pretty sure they've thought about it. :D

Ciaran

Dr. Shrek
Legend
Master
☑️Verified
Hero
Plants grow, but ores don't grow... This should be unrealistic. Maybe there will be more ore systems, not sure though.
Just explore another part of the map.

magrihu

Just explore another part of the map is singleplayer stuff, This problem is about a server with a worldborder of some kind. most Minecraft survival/faction servers have those. and they are like 5000 blocks max

DSitC

I don't know if the the server tech merit's a limit on the landscape.

But if you talk about factions, then the server could enforce some rules to make faction-war more interesting and ongoing.

If you think about an adventure-style server, the operators could also jump in and spice things up. Add new enemies in the explored areas, something like a Trork invasion heading towards the populated server areas.

Also, we don't know anything about the leveling system yet. If it's fluid and easy to extend, then the game could generate higher level loot pretty much by itself. And even if it would require a content creator, I doubt it would be very hard to do.

Beyond the oceans lie the infinite lands. Hytale's storyline won't take you out that far, but our worldgen tech will ensure that there's always something for you to find beyond the edges of the world.

this means that the area of actual storytelling will be limited, so you cant find everything forever
This means just that story based content, which is hand-crafted, will be limited to the area that is not the infinite lands. But dungeons, enemies and loot can all be auto-generated pretty easily. So I guess, once the story is done, you won't have any quests to do anymore, but that is only a small fraction of the content. Besides, something like mini-quests could be auto-generated. They won't tie into the main story, of course, but that would be a way to provide quest-based gameplay even when the story content is done.

Last edited: