• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Name length fix

Harvey

I was browsing the forums like normal, upon doing so I ran upon a user that had a name that didn't fit in the box so it continued on another line. Shown below:

1549393073379.png

I came up with a couple ideas to fix this, as it just looks horrible and sloppy:
  1. Changing the size of the text due to the amount of characters to make it fit onto a single line
  2. Making the box containing avatar, picture, and rank tags bigger to allow more characters to fit in.
Thanks for reading, post what you think below maybe with more ideas to fix this issue.

I was browsing the forums like normal, upon doing so I ran upon a user that had a name that didn't fit in the box so it continued on another line. Shown below:

View attachment 371

I came up with a couple ideas to fix this, as it just looks horrible and sloppy:
  1. Changing the size of the text due to the amount of characters to make it fit onto a single line
  2. Making the box containing avatar, picture, and rank tags bigger to allow more characters to fit in.
Thanks for reading, post what you think below maybe with more ideas to fix this issue.
Sounds fine to me. We could just limit the number of characters allowed in the username.

Harvey

I mean it could be limited, but it doesn't really matter about name lengths because they are not linked to Minecraft or Hytale.

Ciaran

Dr. Shrek
Legend
Master
☑️Verified
Hero
That name is long lmao. Make the longest name 16 letters (Like Minecraft has it right now :) )

Harvey

That name is long lmao. Make the longest name 16 letters (Like Minecraft has it right now :) )
Then again it's not a Minecraft server so it shouldn't have to be 16 letters. I see where you are coming from though.

Ciaran

Dr. Shrek
Legend
Master
☑️Verified
Hero
Then again it's not a Mindcraft server so it shouldn't have to be 16 letters. I see where you are coming from though.
I mean, Just make it not too short and not too long. You can make it 12 or something, but not like 10 because people with a longer name can't have there name. A name like TheOriginalAce is already to long :p