• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

My personal speculative thoughts on the server browser in Hytale

Chris H.

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Good evening Hytale Community.

For today I felt it was a fine evening to get the tinfoil hat on and have some Hytale speculation in true Hytale enthusiast spirit.
Let's talk about my ideas on how the in-game server browser will rank servers, I'm gonna separate this post into three realities, those realities being "The way Hytale should do it to be the fairest to all servers and server owners in my opinion", "The way I want Hytale to do it" and lastly the way Hytale will realistically do it.

1613511805411.png
The way Hytale "should" do it.

In a perfect world where everything would be equal this is how I would envision the way Hytale could be the fairest to every server owner.
A server list where server owners could apply to be in a "spotlight" of sorts where a waiting list would be in place to select which servers will be in this spotlight of theirs. I would envision this spotlight to be some kind of small list with the daily spotlight having quite a few spots and the weekly spotlight being more exclusive so to say. Both of course having the professional finish we want to see from Hypixel Studios. However, would this reality even be possible or reasonable? Because this system while being fair is inherently flawed because of the magnitude of the available servers and will be a "first come first serve" situation and most likely will take ages to let your server come into the limelight. Now how would we save this reality from happening while remaining fair? I'd say keep the spotlight but make the way servers get into the spotlight different. Make it a list you can apply for but randomize the selection for the spotlights. But to keep the "exclusivity" of the weekly list make it so the only servers that can apply for the weeklong spotlight are servers which meet a certain player count requirement. Also including a total server list with search function listing every available server. In this reality, it will prevent the "vote spam" that is apparent with normal listing sites where you can get a group of people to spam vote for your server so it's higher on the listing.

1613511842842.png

The way I want Hytale to do it.

I want Hytale to have a simple list where the biggest servers are listed on top, I personally don't care for fairness to servers because I just want the biggest server that interests me listed right in my face. I would want to be able to categorize which kind of server I will see in the list to suit my needs. Although this is a fairly selfish reason I still think it is best suited to what the player wants but it isn't giving any lee-way for small servers to grow because they'll *never* get the spotlight.

1613511662678.png

The way Hytale will realistically do it.

Most likely the server listing will have the industry-standard list with all servers there are being sorted in what language they are and the servers with the highest player counts on top with perhaps voted for featured servers. And that is not necessarily a **bad** thing in my opinion seeing as it does provide enough utility for most people. But in this reality there's need for server promotion in other outlets because otherwise your server would never be on top as it never will gain the player counts it needs to be on top. But this is probably how things will go.

And that concludes me going on a tangent just because I thought it was fun!
If you feel that I'm being super unrealistic or you simply think otherwise please do let me know in the comments.
Have a wonderful day everybody!

Zodak

Lead Moderator & Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Master
So hyped for Hytale!

GERALD

Helper
Staff member
Helper
I’m certain the top servers are always going to have top billing and be on the featured page. It would be nice to categorize servers with tags so players can easily find the type of experiences they wish to have.

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
Damn, I'm ready

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
It seems to be a balancing act for server owners wanting to gain traction, and players seeing the best options. I feel like a situation like this has no "right" answer.

Weird

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Hero
I think the way they will realistically do it, is the most realistic, but they could always take the Minecraft approach to it and have no server list, and a bunch of IPs.