• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

My opinion about Hytale cost

SuSeu

I saw a lot of people saying Hytale should cost $20-$30 or even more. I can agree, since it would prevent most hackers, more nicknames would be available etc, but there is one thing I don't think is good. All prices are USD and 30USD isn't really much if you live in USA, right? You can buy 6 BigMacs with it (5USD per one). And what if you live in Ukraine? If you exchange 30USD to Ukraine currency and then go to McDonalds there, you'll get almost 20 of them (1,60USD per one). I think the game's price should also be different for every country depending on how much people earn there etc. I know it would cause some problems, because someone can say he's from poor country while he lives in the USA, but still I hope you could do that. Look at the Steam for example. You can buy games cheaper there if you live in Poland or Russia and you can't buy the games in USA with cheaper price. They did it, so I thnik Hytale could even require Steam account connected to check you location and choose a good price for a player.

I really hope Hypixel Studios will consider it, so everyone could enjoy the game and don't overpay. Thanks.

CorruptedGov

Don't necessarily agree on this, don't forget the VAT for many EU countries.

For me in Greece for instance, MC costs 23.95€ (~28$) with a 23% VAT.

A stable 25$ price tag should work for everyone.

Cheerio

There's also the problem with VPNs. The price should be based on the VAT like @CorruptedGov said. Because if price was determined on location, either it be internet location, or location verification was used it would cause a quite a bit of exploitation once price values are known, and is used to take advantage prices

GlorShmi

I saw a lot of people saying Hytale should cost $20-$30 or even more. I can agree, since it would prevent most hackers, more nicknames would be available etc, but there is one thing I don't think is good. All prices are USD and 30USD isn't really much if you live in USA, right? You can buy 6 BigMacs with it (5USD per one). And what if you live in Ukraine? If you exchange 30USD to Ukraine currency and then go to McDonalds there, you'll get almost 20 of them (1,60USD per one). I think the game's price should also be different for every country depending on how much people earn there etc. I know it would cause some problems, because someone can say he's from poor country while he lives in the USA, but still I hope you could do that. Look at the Steam for example. You can buy games cheaper there if you live in Poland or Russia and you can't buy the games in USA with cheaper price. They did it, so I thnik Hytale could even require Steam account connected to check you location and choose a good price for a player.

I really hope Hypixel Studios will consider it, so everyone could enjoy the game and don't overpay. Thanks.
This idea has both sides of the coin so there is a high probability that the players would enjoy this concept of payment but as what @CorruptedGov @Cheerio this can easily turn out to be a problem so Its most likely that Hypixel Studios will set a default same payment for everyone around the globe.