• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Mineral speculation

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Why hello there, everyone.
This is my first thread on the main discussion. So, what is it, you may ask, that I am discussing today?
Well...you kind of know that from the title...

Minerals!
We see these numerous times throughout the trailer and screenshots, as seen below:
D43E894E-12AB-45C7-8124-B65B9177AA5C.jpeg In this first one, we can see immediately that the ore is much more 3D, popping out of the block itself. The mineral the player is mining appeares to be some kind of copper or iron. I’m wondering how much ore will be dropped with one block, possibly the same as Minecraft: 1, or maybe all minerals are more like coal is in Minecraft, dropping a random amount between a set amount. I think either could work. 0F137EAE-9841-48C7-B7F0-CD2C94C0FC1F.jpeg The second image shows us that, unlike most ores in Minecraft, every ore block looks extremely different from one another. There’s some kind of emerald and ruby that have a different shape from each other. This shot also shows us that ores are a (beautiful) light source as well-or at least some of them are, that gold at the bottom seems to only be reflecting some light. Maybe it’s just the gems. Either that or none of them are actually glowing and all of them are just reflecting light... well at least we know the ores reflect light! 1547236308582.jpeg
In the third screenshot (this one was from the website), we can see a cave with a lot of bioluminescent plants, they don’t really count as minerals. In this cave we also see some kind of lava snail (but this isn’t a post about mobs!) and a few non-glowing ores in the background, along with some lava. The main element we learn with this image is that some ores may relate to the biome or zone you are in. (For example, the ore around the lava is red, and there is some metallic blue ore in the dark by the snow.

I probably missed some details, or thought a plant was an ore or something, but this is just an analysis, right? So now for the speculation part. I think different ores have different purposes. Some may only be craftable into swords or tools, while some may only be used for brewing potions or maybe in some other recipie.
You could possibly use ores in upgrading gear. There could be some stone that increases damage or durability, and you need to use it to sharpen a blade on an anvil or something.
I think there are a lot of possibilities with ores, and I’m sure everyone has their own thoughts on the matter. So go ahead, let them be knownst to the community and whatnot.

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
Hm, very intereseting. The ores will be great

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Thanks. Definitely

Jesse

Staff member
Master
Very nice and detailed post. Very curious how the ore system will work too. All we can do is wait and see...