• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Magic Weapon Combat

Hi, good day!

The idea of magic weapon-wielders having to choose from 3 spells would be very exciting! Aside from the basic attack, a special attack, which I'm guessing is already in the game, would be a larger ball that deals more damage. The next one would be some type of restraint spell, where the enemies get pinned in place for a duration of time (like ice wall, fire dome, root bind, etc.). The last spell would be a finisher attack, where the caster casts for a long time and cannot move (unless canceled by movement); the spell would be a heavy damage AOE. Ugh, I can't imagine the versatility this would offer in-game!

Last edited:

Gregory S

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Site Admin
☑️Verified
I love this concept. :)

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Hi, good day!

The idea of magic weapon-wielders having to choose from 3 spells would be very exciting! Aside from the basic attack, a special attack, which I'm guessing is already in the game, would be a larger ball that deals more damage. The next one would be some type of restraint spell, where the enemies get pinned in place for a duration of time (like ice wall, fire dome, root bind, etc.). The last spell would be a finisher attack, where the caster casts for a long time and cannot move (unless canceled by movement); the spell would be a heavy damage AOE. Ugh, I can't imagine the versatility this would offer in-game!
Each weapon has only a few attacks in it's repertoire so it is probably the same with magic devices like staves and tomes. I do wonder if magic would be more versatile than other weapons.

LuciusOfLegend

Magic in Hytale is quite a mystery, but this image shows the player with a spellbook that allows the casting of one specific spell. I think that would provide some of the versatility you're talking about. Nice Legend of Kora clip btw :)
Spellcasting.png