• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Looking for people who want to implement tech mods like AE2, BC etc

Not sure if this is the right place to post...
My main focus with Hytale is to build from scratch tech mods like Applied Energistics, Build Craft (and its add-ons like Logistic Pipes) and Thermal Expansion (probably one of those as maintaining just one mod is a hassle by itself) with as much quality (and efficiency) as the original ones.

As you may expect this will require lots of knowledge about 3D graphics programming, client/server network communication, security, and modular code in general, I'm looking for people of any skill level, either who already master these concepts or really want to learn about.

So if you are interested in building top quality mods, or want a challenge to gain (lots of) programming experience, you can join our server https://discord.gg/Nchgm6k
Also, please add me if you are going to do something like this alone, as I'm looking for people to discuss about Hytale modding in general and sharing experience.

I'm planning to launch a simple mod first to gather some knowledge some days after the release, and one more complex 2-4 months after.

Sidenote: I'm planning to build open source mods only so, I'm will not be able to pay for this in any form... (plz don't post it on r/choosingbeggars! I will not benefit from it either!)

Last edited:

yolothebow

Im very interessted in learning how to program mods :eek:

DragongamesDEV

Sounds very interesting! I hope that the modding API will be really powerful!

Hey! I've sent you a request on Discord! Wiebe#9204. I'd love to join you on your quest!

Sounds very interesting! I hope that the modding API will be really powerful!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they won't disappoint us with the API, I'm more concerned about the speed of the language of the modding API though... there is a risk that may be javascript...

Hacksore

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they won't disappoint us with the API, I'm more concerned about the speed of the language of the modding API though... there is a risk that may be javascript...
Yeah it seems to be JS but now I’m a bit skeptical.

Now it could be a proof of concept and just pseudo code but does look similar to JS.

I’m down to help though!