• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Keeping your computer safe while installing Hytale

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Antnest8

Although Hytale is not yet out, I thought this is an important subject to go over now. When Hytale was announced in 2018, hundreds (maybe even thousands) of sites claimed that they had the Hytale beta FOR FREE! Although a quick internet search would prove them wrong, many people do fall for the lies and install questionable software. With 2021 being the year Hytale will be released, (most likely) we are likely to see scams such as these increase in the coming months. Take the proper steps to keep your computer safe, so you can sit back and enjoy Hytale.
Use the Official Hytale website
Hytale.com is the official Hytale website. Using any other service or site could put you at risk of installing malware. When Hytale is released, expect to find a button on the website navigation bar called "Download" or "Get the Game". Here you can purchase (or possibly play for free) Hytale. There is also a chance that Hytale will be available through a Riot games launcher. If this is the case, it should still be available on Hytale.com and I would just use that to keep it simple and safe.
Do not look for Pirated copies or Free versions
In an old analysis of mine, I found that Hytale, if they choose a pay to play model, will likely fall under the price range of 10-20 dollars. 20 Dollars is a reasonable priced game considering the average price for games ($60). Also, pirating copies doesn't support the creators and is a federal crime in the US and other countries. Finally, there might actually be a pirated, free copy out there, but there will undoubtedly be more sites just claiming this and will lead you to install malware.
Beware of Phishing
We still do not know how the beta will work, but there are some clues hinting that there will be beta keys. This creates a ripe environment for potential scams within the Hytale space. When the beta is released, do not give any personal or account information to anyone over emails. Beware of Phishing scams.
Finally, use common sense
The internet is full of malware and illicit activities. Yet, so many of us still use it safely. When browsing the internet, use common sense and stay on heavier traffic sites. Have some kind of anti-malware software installed and if your computer is running slowly consistently, consider doing a virus scan.

I know it was a less exciting and smaller blog post this week, but I think it is important to remember some of the potential dangers so we can prepare and enjoy, without worry the game we have all been waiting for!

Till' next week!

Gregory S

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Site Admin
☑️Verified
Interesting read. There have certainly been a ton of scams relating to fake Hytale downloads already, so it's essential that people exercise caution going forward.

Zodak

Lead Moderator & Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Master
Thank you for keeping our community safe!