• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Question Is Hytale on it's own Engine or as the rumors go on a custom version of the Unreal Engine?

Petramoss

If the latter is true... Well. Holy smokey pokey. The recent release of the free voxel plugin for Unreal 5 is soooo huge! The power of the Engine is debateably the most powerful today, and that will inevitably mean a huge amount for the porgression of Hytale as a whole. There are so many talented Unreal engine devs (whjo can remodel the engine) out there, that the future integration of destructible environments would be MASSIVE!! I will literally cheese myself a playable Hytale in VR and fly aorund as a Arch-Mage Pyromancer blowing up mountains!! No more raptor squads guys, it's all about the magic nukes.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what Engine Hytale is on, and therefore this is just speculation... And dreams. Hehe, bye bye mountains.

GavinTheCrafter

They have confirmed that Hytale is running on a custom made engine because at the time of development, they couldn't find any off the shelf engines that suited their needs. That's probably why it's taken 6 years to develop so far.

While using Unreal would be cool and would definitely help with the team as there are a lot of developers experienced in Unreal, I think it's too late for the team to switch engines unless you want a delay to 2024.

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
If the latter is true... Well. Holy smokey pokey. The recent release of the free voxel plugin for Unreal 5 is soooo huge! The power of the Engine is debateably the most powerful today, and that will inevitably mean a huge amount for the porgression of Hytale as a whole. There are so many talented Unreal engine devs (whjo can remodel the engine) out there, that the future integration of destructible environments would be MASSIVE!! I will literally cheese myself a playable Hytale in VR and fly aorund as a Arch-Mage Pyromancer blowing up mountains!! No more raptor squads guys, it's all about the magic nukes.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what Engine Hytale is on, and therefore this is just speculation... And dreams. Hehe, bye bye mountains.

We know for a fact that the engine is custom made (which is incredible) this is because the team announced this in their first FAQ blog post, and also because they have frequently stated that the game engine is coded in C#, while Unreal is in C++.

As for blowing up mountains, it could be possible! If the Hypixel Studio's team really is going by their word that the game can be run on just about anything, and that it have high performance then maybe it can!! However, I am skeptical that the game will be allow thousands of blocks being destroyed a second.