• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

If hytale had base game guns and other ranged weaponry, what would you like to see?

BUSTER448

I saw this one clip of the trailer or maybe it was a screenshot for hytale, the thing I seen was a dock on a island, and there was something sitting against a crate, looked like muskets or maybe blunder busses, but besides that. I'm thinking hytale will introduce more ranged weaponry besides throwables in hytales base game and the bow and crossbow in minecraft, what do you think can make it in hytale?

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
I dont think they Will add weapons. But lets say they did. I would expect like some steampunk weapons.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
They’ve definitely showcased many guns, but I think all of them have been in reference to modding. So I at least we will see a lot of that. As for what would be cool in game, I agree with Demon in the sense that it can’t be too modern looking without feeling out of place in the adventure themed world.

BUSTER448

Well, I'm not asking for modern day firearms, I'm asking for older, more vintage guns, such as a wild west revolver, or repeater, and even older, like musket, or blunderbuss, there's more variants for such weapons too, such as a duck foot pistol for an example.

Catbert45

Verified
☑️Verified
I think there should not be too advanced firearms, but very old guns like early muskets might be OK. They would reload really slowly but do a lot of damage and (probably) have the longest range of any weapon in the game, with little dropoff.

As for other ranged weapons, I'm fine with bows, crossbows, and throwing weapons such as axes and daggers. Perhaps there could also be a variety of usable ammunition for the bows and crossbows with different effects, like poison arrows, piercing arrows or arrows that make you bleed. Another idea would be slingshots, and of course a lot of magic spells would count as ranged weapons, as seen in one of the combat demonstrations a while ago.