• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Hytale won't be releasing any time soon, especially not this summer.

Rollo

I hear a lot of people saying that they think Hytale will get a full release summer 2019. This is actually really silly. I'll be using Rune by Humanhead Games as an example.

Rune was announced august of 2017. It then took 10 months, almost a year, for beta testing to even start. We're only a few weeks after Hytale's announcement. What's more, they are still beta testing. 6 and a half months. If a similar pattern carries onto Hytlale, we won't see a full release until at least early 2020. And that's being generous. It's really silly to think it'll release in full in just a few months. Beta, maybe. But certainly, certainly not full.

Not to mention, Humanhead is a much bigger company. They get projects done way faster because they have experience and developers. And, now that Hypixel has Riot Games as an investor, they won't have to release in a hurry and will definitely take their time. Even if Hytale was in development longer than Rune before its announcement, that's not nearly enough to compensate for all that time.

But aside from all of that, do we really want it to be fully released in such a short amount of time? It'd release half-baked, full of bugs, unfinished. It wouldn't be a good first impression in the slightest, there's no doubt about that. They'd lose a lot of their existing clout for that.

Pearson Wright

Hytale's been in the works for nearly 3 years now. Rune didn't already have nearly 3 years of development under its belt when it was announced. Personally, I see Beta happening in February or March. I see a public release happening in May.

It's really all just speculation for now though. :unsure:

Hytale
has been in development for a while and seeing as they already have an option to sign up for a Beta, it won't be very far away

oggegaming

As said above Hytale has been developed for 3 years now. The game itself won't be too hard to make because now they have their own engine. What takes time in coding a game is making an engine. Then the rest shouldn't take too long. I would expect to see a beta in early mars and a full release in Mid May.

Sithril

Sithril
Master
Yes there have been a lot of cases in gaming where stuff like this happened, but considering this game has already been in development for 3 years and the trailer itself is 100% recorded ingame I think we are being a bit too negative on it.
I think that the developers themselves wouldn't just suddenly announce it out of nowhere if it wasn't almost done.
At the end of the day what matters is that they deliver a finished product and if that takes a little bit of time they can always keep the hype up with blog posts for now.

Yes there have been a lot of cases in gaming where stuff like this happened, but considering this game has already been in development for 3 years and the trailer itself is 100% recorded ingame I think we are being a bit too negative on it.
I think that the developers themselves wouldn't just suddenly announce it out of nowhere if it wasn't almost done.
At the end of the day what matters is that they deliver a finished product and if that takes a little bit of time they can always keep the hype up with blog posts for now.

Are you what I think you are?, ISHMAEL?????????????

mykon01

Well, there is absolutely 0 information regarding release date.. it might be 2 years away it might be 2 months!

We know that it has been on the works for well over 2 years with a staff of 40+ people... they woulnt release it to the public now if they didnt think it would be out with a prebuild sooner rather than latter

Niroski

Hytale development started in 2015.
They have had a lot of time to fix bugs and expand on their game. It is not silly for people to think it will be released this year (Which I think it will).

Take Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for example, they announced the trailer and about 5 months later the game released.
It really depends how much the game has done in those 3 years leading up to the trailer.

From my guess, I would guess sometime in Feb or March the BETA will happen with a release of maybe May? If not May sometime near the end of the year.

I hope my opinion helped.

James

I believe they won't be foolish enough to release an unfinished game to the public, even for a beta. Especially since there's so much hype and hopes surrounding the game.

Nappi

Whenever it releases, I hope it gets released as soon as possible.

Hytale's been in the works for nearly 3 years now. Rune didn't already have nearly 3 years of development under its belt when it was announced. Personally, I see Beta happening in February or March. I see a public release happening in May.

It's really all just speculation for now though. :unsure:
It wouldn't matter, if I would have to wait 6 more months, just want a good game with very small count of game breaking bugs : )
In the Witcher 3 you were able to use a glich to generate an endless count of items or skillpoints

Caspar

I hear a lot of people saying that they think Hytale will get a full release summer 2019. This is actually really silly. I'll be using Rune by Humanhead Games as an example.

Rune was announced august of 2017. It then took 10 months, almost a year, for beta testing to even start. We're only a few weeks after Hytale's announcement. What's more, they are still beta testing. 6 and a half months. If a similar pattern carries onto Hytlale, we won't see a full release until at least early 2020. And that's being generous. It's really silly to think it'll release in full in just a few months. Beta, maybe. But certainly, certainly not full.

Not to mention, Humanhead is a much bigger company. They get projects done way faster because they have experience and developers. And, now that Hypixel has Riot Games as an investor, they won't have to release in a hurry and will definitely take their time. Even if Hytale was in development longer than Rune before its announcement, that's not nearly enough to compensate for all that time.

But aside from all of that, do we really want it to be fully released in such a short amount of time? It'd release half-baked, full of bugs, unfinished. It wouldn't be a good first impression in the slightest, there's no doubt about that. They'd lose a lot of their existing clout for that.
You do undertsand they've been working on the game for years now right?

Robin

Working on something huge.
Master
Definitely. I believe that the best direction to go in for the Hytale development team is having a continuous beta like Minecraft had.

Niroski

1546885820706.png
My theory has changed after viewing this tweet by Simon.
He said on the 28th of Dec that we shouldn't expect the BETA for a few months. So I would say April?

Croodoo

No idea why you would think that..... it seems completely logical that Hytale would release in 2019. Just because Rune was released late doesn't mean anything is going to go wrong with Hytale.

While I think the game will end up being released mid to late 2019, when you get 27M views on your trailer it might cause for some incentive to double-down and make sure the game is as bug-free and polished as possible before official release. The best thing possible for a title is to have a smooth launch while there's still plenty of hype surrounding the game and delivering on features promised in blogs/trailers/etc. I don't think Hypixel wants a No Man's Sky repeat where the game is so hyped up and ends up being a featureless, buggy mess that doesn't get fixed until a year later when a majority of the player base has refunded your game due to not delivering on promises.

If Hytale wants to be a long-lasting game that can compete with some of the bigger names on the market, these first few months are absolutely critical for success. I believe they'll deliver. They're behind the most popular server network in the most popular game period for the past few years. They know what works and what doesn't.

ratonel

They will probably release a closed beta for debugging before launching it officially.

Otaku_Kid

I know for a fact Beta is coming in about 6-9 months from when im posting this, also that will be only beta and im sure that the full game be done by late 2019 (being generous) to about mid 2020

Niroski

It doesn't really matter. A BETA and a full release is pretty much the same thing. At the end of the day it is still the game just by the time release happens the game would of been updated.

BETAs work in different ways. Some games take a long time to come out of BETA but others only have a short BETA period until releasing the game.

Take Fallout 76 as an example the BETA lasted for about 2 weeks until the game was fully released for the public to purchase.

Niroski

A BETA and a full release is technically still the game just one that is still being developed.
I see Fallout 76 was a poor choice. Ok take Anthem for example. Their BETA is only about 3 days long and then releasing their game to the public.

Jesse

Staff member
Master
I think the release depends on the feedback and bugs they find in the beta. If they find things that need more work they will postpone the release. I think when they do the beta they are wrapping up development and might only need to do small things so I think the full release is only maybe 1-2 months after the beta. Maybe more if they find drastic things they need to change.