• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Hytale Wikis URL warning

Hey.

I want to warn/notice you that soon, the Gamepedia Hytale Wiki will get moved to fandom.com domain. This will be done to achieve the Fandom's dream of high SEO ranking. Unfortunately, there is already a Fandom Wiki, so it is really difficult situation. Unfortunately, the crossover (merge of wikis) of these wikis did not even start, and the time to do so is 2-3 weeks.

So, I want to notice you of this problem, so you can have a time to investigate that,

I was already discussing many crossovers. For example, I was on the discussion of Minecraft Wikis Crossover, the crossover, which completed just 2 weeks ago! I see many different wikis are merging too (for example, Terraria or Fortnite Wikis).

Even this may not be the correct thread, it may be the thread, which may get more attention, than on Fandom's discussions, so I hope this notice will make you more aware of this problem :)

Chris H.

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
I'm sure the gamepedia admins will have had a reason to hold off on a merger and that it will be handled well :)

Problem is the migration to fandom.com domain is not decided by wikis, but by company (in this situation Fandom Inc.) Basically, once they will migrate those wikis without conflicts (there are still few of them), Fandom will start to migrate also those with conflicts.

As i got an answer from Community Manager, there are still few dozen unsolved conflicts, most of them probably non-English Minecraft Wikis.

Of course, with Hytale Wikis, there is problem just with English one. If correct, all of these language wikis are on new domain, and English is the only one with problems. :)

GavinTheCrafter

Does this mean that either the Fandom wiki or the Gamepedia wiki will get deleted and they'll merge? Or is this simply a URL change?

Chris H.

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Does this mean that either the Fandom wiki or the Gamepedia wiki will get deleted and they'll merge? Or is this simply a URL change?
I believe neither will be deleted and it'll be a URL change only.
Problem is the migration to fandom.com domain is not decided by wikis, but by company (in this situation Fandom Inc.) Basically, once they will migrate those wikis without conflicts (there are still few of them), Fandom will start to migrate also those with conflicts.

As i got an answer from Community Manager, there are still few dozen unsolved conflicts, most of them probably non-English Minecraft Wikis.

Of course, with Hytale Wikis, there is problem just with English one. If correct, all of these language wikis are on new domain, and English is the only one with problems. :)
The admins of gamepedia are currently at work resolving said conflicts before it is too late. I know this for a fact seeing as I am one of the admins at gamepedia. My name on there is Skapss. I appreciate your concern but we are hard at work at making it a good going transition

No, of course. If wikis won't merge, the one will have to move to a new subdomain (think of hytale-alt.fandom.com)

The admins of gamepedia are currently at work resolving said conflicts before it is too late. I know this for a fact seeing as I am one of the admins at gamepedia. My name on there is Skapss. I appreciate your concern but we are hard at work at making it a good going transition
Are they? Well, i did not saw any discussion there but if yes, then ok.

With " hard at work at making it a good going transition", that is okay, but problem is something like smooth transition does not really exist. The smoothest up to this day was probably the Minecraft Wiki's one, which took 14 months to complete.

Chris H.

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
**Are they? Well, i did not saw any discussion there but if yes, then ok.

With " hard at work at making it a good going transition", that is okay, but problem is something like smooth transition does not really exist. The smoothest up to this day was probably the Minecraft Wiki's one, which took 14 months to complete.**

If you look in our discord server discussion is currently ongoing in there but there were talks before that

Okay, if they are.

But since your last reply, all wikis got moved, just 1 is still on old domain. The wiki ended up on hytale-game.fandom.com

Chris H.

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Okay, if they are.

But since your last reply, all wikis got moved, just 1 is still on old domain. The wiki ended up on hytale-game.fandom.com
That is indeed correct

BrAlMeSo_Mc

Minecraft Gamepedia Wiki suffers that problem too :(

Gregory S

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Site Admin
☑️Verified
Rest assured that no content will be "deleted", regardless of a merge. In the event of a merge, certain pages would be moved to difference namespaces, for instance, some may be in a "Guides" category, whilst some might be in the mainspace.