• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Hytale on Steam?

Dkmachine

If Hytale is P2P, which I hope it is, would them having their own launcher or using something like Steam be better? I ask this because with Steam you can link your PayPal and transfer money over that way, and if Hytale has their own launcher and requires you to pay via website or their launcher, would they accept PayPal? Now I know this is only if the game would be P2P but its something to think about.

ratonel

Steam takes 30% per sale. Lets say Hytale would be priced at 20$. If it was on steam, hytale's devs would only get 14$ per sale. If they really want to use another launcher, they should use Epic Games' launcher which takes 12% per sale.
Even so, the most logical step here is to make their own launcher, removing the cut a 3rd party would take.

Source

e:grammar

Last edited:

Sana

Yeah, it seems highly likely that they're developing their own launcher for the game, primarily to easily get news to the Players, whilst also not losing a cut of the profit from any in-game sales (which I still believe is highly likely as well).

At this point, it seems that they really don't need a large launcher to help them with sales and get coverage; plus with Riot Games supporting them, that seems to reinforce the theory.

Niroski

I dislike the amount of new launchers being released it's starting to get a bit ridiculous.
I would guess that they're going to put it on their own launcher (which is just another launcher to download :rolleyes:) but if they did do their own laucher it would be pretty beneficial to them as they have full control.

Other good options would be Discord or Epic Games.
- Discord taking 10% of the money
- Epic Games taking 12% of the money

If I was making this decision for Hytale I would highly consider publishing the game on Discord as you earn 90% of the money and it will give you some recognition. Discord is very big as people need a good place to chat with friends. Let's face it Steam voice chat isn't worth it.

Regarding Paypal, yes most things let users purchase items using Paypal. I would imagine even Hytale would let you purchase the gaming using Paypal if you wish. (If the game is P2P that is)

I hope my opinion helped.

Ivan

Steam takes 30% per sale. Lets say Hytale would be priced at 20$. If it was on steam, hytale's devs would only get 14$ per sale. If they really want to use another launcher, they should use Epic Games' launcher which takes 12% per sale.
Even so, the most logical step here is to make their own launcher, removing the cut a 3rd party would take.

Source

e:grammar
i could see it on epic games launcher, they just fit with each other lol

Sana

Worth nothing that they're backed by Riot Games, which probably won't want to be affiliated with Epic.

yolothebow

defiantly not on steam, they are more than capable of creating their own launcher