Happy New Year! And with that, a warm welcome to the first Hytale Magazine 2023! We hope you had a good start into the new year and somehow survived the Christmas season.
Actually, we assumed a blog post for December. Unfortunately, this was canceled because the Hytale team did not feel ready. However, they said they are making good progress.
Despite a postcard, there was big news in December. So we got this great official Hytale artwork at the great Hytale Thankmas Stream (which included Buddhacat):
Of course we also got the annual holiday postcard with a cool goblin:
But we got the big news from DevNull on Twitter. The Hytale developer shared a cool photo (with cool Hytale stuff like stickers and a mug). But the really exciting thing is the concept of Hytale World Terminology!
Thanks to u/willchil for the better version of the photo and the conclusion!
- Hytale uses an Entity Component System (ECS) on both the chunk and tile levels to store information and add functionality to the game.
- Hytale has three dimensional chunks, 32 voxels in each direction. For reference, Minecraft's chunks are 16x16 horizontally and make up the entire world height.
- Though the text under 'Actor' is not legible, the heading implies Hytale uses Actors for dynamic objects and entities, such as the chair that's shown. Unreal Engine uses similar language their system of Actors.
- Much of the text relating to Tiles and Tile Grids is not legible, but it appears to involve a horizontal grouping of chunks or columns.
- Hytale is using signed integer coordinates for its three dimensional voxel grid. This is similar to Minecraft, but the limits are likely different.
- Voxel types are divided into four main types: Cube, Stair, Slab, and Other.
So, as you can see: Even without a blog post, December was an eventful and exciting month for the Hytale community.
Now let's look at the fanart. In December there was a lot of cool new fanart (particularly thanks to the Thankmas donation stream). We have five cool fanarts here:
You and your gang in Hytale soon:
A cool pixel art:
This concept looks fancy:
Morning: The sun rises up in Borea. What a beautiful feeling:
Santa - sorry - Kweebec is coming with our biggest wish:
Outlook for 2023
A brief outlook for 2023: What can we expect? First of all: not the release.
But maybe we'll get new information about the release? Maybe even a release period?
It could also be that we get the first glimpses of the console and mobile version.
The number of blog posts is open. We'll probably get at least one, maybe two, maybe more? In any case, 2023 will have a lot of exciting information in store for us. Who else is hyped?
Thank you for reading! At Hytale Hub, we look forward to going through 2023 with you. We're hyped! Happy New Year and see you in February!
- Show all