• Hytale-Servers.org and Hytale-Servers.com are officially giving away FREE Sponsored Slots to a few lucky server owners who register on each of the two websites prior to Hytale's official release! Registration is easy, and only takes about 30 seconds! Don't miss out! 🥇
  • Welcome to the first-ever Hytale community Forums! We're thrilled to have you with us. Please register an account, and feel free to invite as many of your friends as you like! You can also start up a friendly conversation anytime in our Forum Chat 😎
  • Want consistent and detailed updates regarding Hytale Beta and game speculation? Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube Channel We showcase Hytale video premieres daily at 3:00PM EST US time! 😎

Hytale Arena Shooter.

If you're unsure what arena shooters are, here's a great video that tells you all the basics.

When Hytale gets released, I plan to make a mod that essentially makes the game an arena shooter.

It will pretty much be a 1 to 1 of Quake 3, with a few adjustments - like no fall damage and some weapon balance changes. And since I think most people who try this mod will be new to arena shooters - and arena shooters are notoriously hard for beginners - I will implement a catchup mechanic by default. How exactly it will work, I'm yet to find out. Depends on what works best.
I know that'll displease the purists, but that's okay.

The item/weapon pickups and respawn points will become designated blocks, so that anyone can make maps for this mod.

I have very minimum experience with modding, so this will be a journey of learning for me. But I'm very passionate about arena shooters, so I hope I won't abandon this project.

That's it for now, can't do much else until the game releases. Cheers.

Update: Been thinking more about this, and I will create a list of things I want to do with this mod:

1: Implement continuous play, with map changing and possibly map voting.
1B: Create an appropriate player/traversable blocks ratio, to ensure that there's not too many players on small maps nor too few on big maps.
2: Implement tools for map makers to have more control over how their maps are played within the mod.
2B: Like invisible instakill blocks for when somebody falls off the intended playable area and invisible blocks that push players in a certain direction to ensure that sneaky players don't hide outside the playable area.
2C: Of course, jump pads and booster pads alongside other arena shooter map features will be implemented.
3: Create more powerups other than the usual Quad Damage and Protection.

Last edited:

SwatDoge

Souds great! Projects like these are always fun, and there is always interest in games like these :]. Good luck

Harrison

I probably can't help much but if you need any help my discord is UsingCheats#6658

Help Users
Not in our discord yet? Join now: https://discord.gg/g5cCDHG
Edit

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.