• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Hunting Animals in Hytale/Cooking/Farming

Chris H.

Administrator
Staff member
Site Admin
Hello everybody. We’re back for another blog post tonight, this time I’m going to be talking about Hunting or rather surviving in the wondrous world Hytale will bring us by either Cooking, Farming and of course Hunting or all of them of-course.

First of all, we’re going to be talking about the farming aspect of Hytale which I might add is one of the aspects I’m personally most excited about.
Not too overly much is known about farming apart from of course the obvious parts that will exist in every farming game. But what we do know is some really interesting stuff like that the vegetables/flowers you plant will grow in real-time during several in-game days which could then be sped up by fertilizer which you can create from manure collecting using a fertilizer bag
What I think would be an absolutely awesome addition is a way to “crossbreed” plants/veggies which would make way for some wacky creations just like how some vegetables in the real world were crossbred to change their appearance or taste.
But that would most likely require a community-made mod and I’d be fairly sure that would be realized in a way
Next to farming plants and vegetables you can also “farm” livestock in which you raise breed all kinds of animals

Manure_collection.png
Now onto Hunting.
There’s a plethora of animals in Hytale that can be hunted or domesticated from normal creatures like Antelopes and boars to the elusive Cactee and underwater creatures like Men-O-War. They can all be hunted with the weapons that you can craft yourself, like spears, swords and bows. Different zones will have different biomes with different creatures living in them. For example, the antelopes will mostly be in the Howling Sands Zone 2 and rams will be in Borea or Zone 3 it is at this moment unknown what animals zone 5 and 6 will include. What I would think would be an awesome edition would work alongside the player morphing ability that has been shown is that if you morph into a certain animal you could roam around the world with the AI-controlled animals that are in-game and live among them and see how they interact with each other.

1615448169329.png

Now lastly Cooking.
Cooking will most likely work on a recipe basis just like crafting in Minecraft currently does. You’d most likely be able to cook using the cooking bench utility block and or a simple fire. If it works like it does in Minecraft it will replenish an amount of hitpoints and then regen some HP over time depending on the food with a “food resource bar”
There will most likely be loads of recipes that will be known by the community with the best possible stats so be sure to look at the wiki’s when the time comes. What I’d think would be a great addition is something like a golden apple where it gives you an extra absorption and regen buff as opposed to just partly refilling the “food resource bar”
1615448215334.png

That’s going to be about it for now. Please let me know if I missed some key information or just what you learned or want to know in the comments below!

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Its great to read something from someone else!! Plus the food aspect of the game is going to be really exciting and I just cannot wait for it to release

Looch

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Wow, how exciting! The spear weapon seems very cool. I remember seeing a short clip of it around May of last year. Can't wait to see what other interesting aspects will come about similar to cross-breeding plants and animals.

Kairu

Staff member
Helper
Can't wait to become Hytale's Gorden Ramsay. :)

Anim

Verified
☑️Verified
Cool!

Maniac

Staff member
It's looking nice!

TheMadIrish

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Master