• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Wiki Article How much will Hytale Cost?

Pearson Wright

How much will Hytale cost?

One of the most sought after answers within the Hytale Community is: "How much will Hytale Cost?", "Will Hytale Be Free to play?", etc. The Hypixel Studios team has yet to disclose the exact pricing or monetization strategy for Hytale. There is widespread speculation that it could be free, since Riot Games, the parent company of Hypixel Studios has a historical track record of opting for "Free to Play" payment models with built-in microtransactions.

What we know so far

Thus far, the only statement Hypixel Studios has made on the subject is, in response to "Is Hytale going to be free to play or paid?": "We're still finalising the exact details of the business model. When that's done, we'll share more details!", given in the FAQ accompanying the announcement of the game.[1]

References
  1. The Hytale FAQ: December 13th 2018, Hytale.com

Reyrey

am just begging to be free.

Lily

I really hope that it's not free, I would hate for it to have microtransactions. I would rather just pay for it upfront.

BrAlMeSo_Mc

I want to this to be free! and if it's free it will have MORE popularity
(and there's people where it doesn't pay nothing about games like me)
-BrAlMeSo_Mc

EDIT: (and an better idea is doing non-premium free and premium paid)

Last edited:

GavinTheCrafter

I really hope that it's not free, I would hate for it to have microtransactions. I would rather just pay for it upfront.
Well there are a few ways that Hypixel could monetize the game that wouldn't be too intrusive:
1. Create a first party server hosting service (like Minecraft Realms) to allow you to play with friends and have access to some exclusive maps
2. Create a marketplace for modders and developers to sell their creations, and have Hypixel take a small cut (5% or so) of the revenue
3. Charge for custom cosmetics on the minigame servers

red death

i hope hytale will be free but if we has to be paid for it will be 10 dollars if it is a bad game 20 dollars if is an ok game and 30+ dollars if it is a really good game

Reyrey

Will i hope its free to bc my dad wont waste cash on games

GavinTheCrafter

i hope hytale will be free but if we has to be paid for it will be 10 dollars if it is a bad game 20 dollars if is an ok game and 30+ dollars if it is a really good game
I don't understand where this whole $30 price thing came from, if triple-A studios can charge $70 for their games and get away with it, than Hypixel can too. They deserve it!
I know Minecraft is about $26 but not everything has to be based off of Minecraft, including the price.

Reyrey

I don't understand where this whole $30 price thing came from, if triple-A studios can charge $70 for their games and get away with it, than Hypixel can too. They deserve it!
I know Minecraft is about $26 but not everything has to be based off of Minecraft, including the price.
Oh to much smart people XD

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Oh to much smart people XD
Well, I actually did some in-depth calculations about this a couple months ago! I'm actually reposting them on this forum today, while I work on a larger project!

The TL;DR of it basically says the Hypixel Studios can make a profit off the game at a really low price. While this doesn't mean the game will be $2, it could easily be $10 or less without hurting the studio.

red death

most games cost that much

estaria nice si fuera free

I think the Cost of the game will range around $20-$40.

GavinTheCrafter

most games cost that much
Well it depends. Assuming that the game is not free, most large releases on PS5 and Xbox Series S/X cost $60 or even $70. On the Switch, the standard price for large releases is $50.
On PC the price can very wildly, from $50 for big titles to $30 for smaller titles to $20 or less for indies.
Does Hytale count as a large release? I don't know

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
I would call Hytale a smaller release. Not because of its impact, but because of development cost

Game Syn3gy

I would call Hytale a smaller release. Not because of its impact, but because of development cost
Yeah, a game like this can be made with relative ease if you have a team. The amount of content in this game would give it a bit of time though. I don't see this game being really expensive to make, but still would take a bit of people for each and every part of the game you want. Such as:
Security
Multiplayer Functions
Modeling
Coding
Money Management
Managers
Etc.