• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

[Helper Application]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iaminsensible

Platinum
Platinum
▶ What is your forum username?

➙ iaminsensible

▶ What is your discord username?

➙ iaminsensible#0001

▶ How old are you?

➙ 16 years old

▶ What timezone are you in?

➙ GMT +02:00

▶ How many hours per day would you be available to devote towards Hytale Hub?

➙ Weekdays from two to three hours depending on schoolwork and other responsibilities. On weekends anywhere from three to seven hours each day.

▶ Do you have any previous experience working as a helper on similar websites, game servers, or Discord servers? (Please include as much detail as possible)

➙ In a nutshell, yes. I have worked as a Helper, a Moderator, a Media and Content Manager on multiple servers.

a) I started as a Helper back at 2014 for a small Greek survival/factions server which went by the name of GreekVipCraft. The server managed to survive for approximately two years and was then shut down. You can easily find videos from small youtube channels, verifying the existence of the server itself. During my time as a Helper, for the first couple of months, I learnt basic rule enforcement techniques (Such as the mute, ban and warning) and extended my knowledge on how to handle specific situations that require special handling to satisfy all involving parties. After volunteering for a few months, I was eventually promoted to Moderator. As a Moderator I did not get the chance to learn anything new as I had already learnt most of the things that would help me become helpful assistance to the server. The only extra responsibilities I had was to train new Helpers and that I had access to a more significant set of commands that allowed me to do a handful more things, namely, warn and permanently banish players.

b) After the disbanding of GreekVipCraft, I started 'working' for a bunch of small Minecraft servers that would hardly surpass 50 players during the day. None of these servers are worth mentioning as they were only a way for me to spend my time and possibly try to learn new things.

c) My next 'big step' was when one day while searching for Helper positions in up-coming servers I discovered StratosMc (You can find their trailer and all, they still have their website up and running). With all due haste, I sent in my application form, and two days later I received a Discord friend request by Masteriano, the-then-HQ Manager for the server. Masteriano was also a Content Designer as he created all the models for the server. The server, as previously mentioned, was up-coming so there wasn't much for a Helper to do. All I could do was spend time on the world of Stratos and try to learn the commands, which were very similar to what I had already worked with though that is not the end of the story. Not long after I joined the team, their Media manager left without any notice. The owner-due to the Open Beta phase being extremely close-was made to ask one of the team's members to take on the position. None knew how to manage social media, but me. That is how I got the Media Manager position. Though, unfortunately, I did not get to enjoy it for long. Shortly after, Masteriano and a lead plugin developer decided to leave the Stratos team after arguing for, what Masteriano claimed to be, the twentieth time that month alone. The server stopped developing, the owner became inactive, and all the members slowly left. I wasn't the last to go, but neither the first. After seeing the owner idle for more than a week, I deemed the project dead and closed the door behind me.

▶ What are your real life hobbies?

➙ I am not sure if you call this a hobby, but I am currently learning C++. I have already taken part in two competitions and am about to enter another one in two weeks time.

▶ Are you presently employed? If so, where?

➙ It's more like a fun thing I do with my friends, but I am in a small group of developers. (Currently three members). We don't take commissions or work for anyone; we solve different problems we find on the web to spare our time.

▶ Do you currently work for any other Hytale or Minecraft related projects? (Please specify any and all affiliations in your answer)

➙ No. However, I am starting to make plans for a new Hytale server. I will spare you the details for now, but you needn't worry, there is still a lot I have to think about before I officially begin working on the project.

▶ Tell us about one of your greatest achievements in life, as well as one of your most notable failures.

➙ I haven't lived for a long time to have done anything "significant" but just for the record, one of the few moments for I am proud of myself, is when I was able to solve a very difficult both Mathematically and Logically wise problem in a C++ tutorial site (Hackerrank if you would like to check it out). I know this doesn't sound very cool or whatever, but I am not interested in many stuff. For the time being, the only things that I fancy are Mathematics, Physics, Electronics and Programming.

➙ One of my most notable failures... I really cannot answer with certainty. I haven't failed anyone, including myself, so much as to consider it significant. I am always cautious with my actions as to not make any grave mistakes.

Billy

Retired Mod
Thanks for applying to join our staff team!
We’re pleased to tell you that your application has been accepted. Please check your private messages for further information.

Billy

Retired Mod
Application denied
Not enough time for the position

Status
Not open for further replies.