• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Hello, I am Catbert45

Catbert45

Verified
☑️Verified
The first time I experienced what a block game was like was when I played Minecraft Classic on a web browser, before the game was even popular. Minecraft was also the first ever paid game I played and I really enjoyed it. Despite being such an old game, it is still pretty cool and I still play it occasionally. Although I mostly played singleplayer, Hypixel was my favourite multiplayer server and I used to play skywars and bedwars on it a lot.

When Hytale was announced, I was pretty excited. It shares some similarities with Minecraft and also takes the idea of a block game in a totally new direction, mixing it with some RPG elements and enhancing combat. I always thought combat was one of Minecraft's weak points and when fighting regular mobs, it is too easy. Having a game with a more advanced combat system and mobs with smarter AI would be awesome and a good challenge for players of this game. I also like Dungeons & Dragons a lot so the RPG features sound pretty cool, and it would be great if the game had some kind of class based system so that players could specialize in different things rather than everyone fighting with a sword and shield. If there was a class based system I think I'd probably choose a rogue/assassin class.

I only just discovered this forum and thought it would be a great place to join in with some discussions/arguments about what we think Hytale should be like. The game sounds awesome so far and it seems to have attracted a great community that made lots of fan made artwork, although imo this community is a bit impatient since I heard people were saying the game was dead a while ago because the dev team didn't post for ages. I thought this was a bit silly, there is no need to make the developers rush and I think we should be patient and not force the devs into 'crunch' like Epic Games employees. Even if the game releases really late in 2021, I wouldn't mind since it is more time for the devs to make their game even more awesome.

I am pretty neutral in the debate regarding whether Hytale should be a paid game or F2P with microtransactions. Although I usually prefer F2P games, I would probably make an exception for Hytale if it was paid since I think the game would most definitely be worth the money. Even if it was 2x the price of Minecraft. Of course it would be great if it was free and a good way to attract new players, but (no offense) I don't want masses of really young players from Fortnite taking over the game's community.

Demon

Astroface
Staff member
Wiki Editor
☑️Verified
Yeah, personally i want the game to cost money. I feel like it will prevent cheaters a little more.
Anyways, welcome Catbert!

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Welcome to HytaleHub!

Zodak

Lead Moderator & Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Master
We're glad to have you here. (y)

CreatedShots