• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

have you ever done anything in a video game that you regreted

red death

You have to say what video game it is in.

Reyrey

Worldbox when i try to heal my favorite person while a battle but i heal the person killing him in the battle

red death

lol

saenBailey

When I'm playing WoW Classic, at the end of June I started to pass Ny'alotha raid. I don't know how you can actually go through it on your own. It's very difficult. In the raid you need to fight 12 bosses and defeat N'zoth. I decided to take the help of SSEGold.com and bought Visions of N'zoth carry. I regret that I did not buy it sooner.

Catbert45

Verified
☑️Verified
I used to be a big fan of Sid Meier's Civilization, and I bought the Civilization board game (Civilization: A New Dawn.) It turned out to be trash, and I regret buying it. That was when I discovered that just because a game is good it doesn't mean its spinoffs are always good too. I'm just relieved I didn't buy the Minecraft card game too. I did buy a couple of Pokemon TCG decks though, and that game was pretty fun. Another thing I regret about Civilization is buying the first Civilization VI DLC, Rise and Fall. I didn't like it and thought it made the game too complicated.

I also regret creating a survival world on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. There was a point in time when Mojang handed out free keys for Windows 10 Edition to all players who owned Java Edition and I recieved one of these keys. At the time, I was convinced Mojang was going to abandon Java Edition and the future was Bedrock Edition, whether I liked it or not. So I started investing a lot more time in Bedrock Edition than Java Edition and created a survival world on there which I built a lot of things on. In the end, Java Edition was not discontinued and I still preferred playing on Java. Bedrock Edition sometimes crashed randomly, its interface was slow and Bedrock servers sucked. Java had none of these problems. I'm now mainly back on Java, but I still need Windows 10 Edition installed because of that one survival world. It can't be transferred to Java Edition and I don't want to delete it and lose all my progress, so now I'm forced to tolerate Bedrock Edition every time I want to play on one of my favourite worlds.

Gregory S

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Site Admin
☑️Verified
Grew up playing Civ. ^

red death

I used to be a big fan of Sid Meier's Civilization, and I bought the Civilization board game (Civilization: A New Dawn.) It turned out to be trash, and I regret buying it. That was when I discovered that just because a game is good it doesn't mean its spinoffs are always good too. I'm just relieved I didn't buy the Minecraft card game too. I did buy a couple of Pokemon TCG decks though, and that game was pretty fun. Another thing I regret about Civilization is buying the first Civilization VI DLC, Rise and Fall. I didn't like it and thought it made the game too complicated.

I also regret creating a survival world on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. There was a point in time when Mojang handed out free keys for Windows 10 Edition to all players who owned Java Edition and I recieved one of these keys. At the time, I was convinced Mojang was going to abandon Java Edition and the future was Bedrock Edition, whether I liked it or not. So I started investing a lot more time in Bedrock Edition than Java Edition and created a survival world on there which I built a lot of things on. In the end, Java Edition was not discontinued and I still preferred playing on Java. Bedrock Edition sometimes crashed randomly, its interface was slow and Bedrock servers sucked. Java had none of these problems. I'm now mainly back on Java, but I still need Windows 10 Edition installed because of that one survival world. It can't be transferred to Java Edition and I don't want to delete it and lose all my progress, so now I'm forced to tolerate Bedrock Edition every time I want to play on one of my favourite worlds.
bedrock has mods too

Catbert45

Verified
☑️Verified
bedrock has mods too
True, but they aren't nearly as sophisticated as Java Edition mods.

Mods weren't one of the main reasons why I regretted my decision anyway. As well as the reasons I listed in my original post, Bedrock Edition also has a far more limited server selection compared to Java and the servers which Bedrock does have tend to be lower quality. Although to their merit, PVP games on Bedrock Edition are a breeze if you're playing on Windows because most of the opponents are playing on mobile or console and you feel like a god.

And in the end I had to keep Bedrock Edition installed because of that one world, as well as having to re-learn version specific controls and crafting recipes for Java Edition after switching back (eg. right clicking to activate shields rather than crouching and not needing a wooden shovel to craft a boat.)

Hey, just stumbled upon this fossil of a thread--fresh face on this forum here! Hmm, regret in video games... well I once erased a well-progressed "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" save file..TBH, cried a little. Also while we're on the gaming vibe, I’ve had good luck with legit apps that pay real money to support my controller-crushing habits. Anyone else?

Last edited:

WalterKayle

In the game "Red Dead Redemption 2," I accidentally shot my trusty horse while trying to fend off some bandits. I felt terrible about it; that horse had been through so much with me.

LabrandoT

I've had my fair share of gaming regrets. One that really stands out was in "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt." I was faced with a tough moral choice where I had to decide the fate of a character named Keira Metz. I made a hasty decision to let her go, thinking it was the right call. Later on, I realized it had some unintended consequences and affected the game's storyline in a way I didn't anticipate. I regretted not taking more time to weigh the options and make a more informed choice. If you're into tech and gaming tips, you might want to check out windows key on Reddit. They've got some handy insights that could enhance your gaming experience.

Last edited: