• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Freedom of speech

Sithril

Sithril
Master
In the latest hytalehub thread you guys talked about freedom of speech, I personally am an advocate for freedom of speech and value it a lot. Especially in today's censor/cancel culture we have going on.
Our Blacklist will now be reserved only for the worst offenders, such as scammers and hackers. Libel, Defamation, and Slander are no longer offenses which can get you Blacklisted from the Hytale Hub Network. This was a tough decision for us, but we've ultimately decided to go with the pro freedom of speech approach, which is something that means a great deal to the management of the Hytale Hub Network.
However I still think slander and defemation should be dealt with, since the truth is very important.
Or does it only imply that the worst punishment (blacklist) wont be used for it but there will still be other punishments?

Also are all political positions accepted/tolerated on this website?

Pearson Wright

I don't believe we've ever banned anyone from Hytale Hub for voicing an opinion, so it's unlikely that we'd ban someone for say... posting a bunch of Youtube videos in which they try to smear our brand name, or lie about us.

That said..... if someone were to come here and start spam messaging tons of people, that would be a different story, as that would constitute "spamming" which is in fact against the rules.

It's really just case-dependent. At the end of the day, someone would have to truly go above and beyond in order to end up getting banned at Hytale Hub.

Sithril

Sithril
Master
Oh that's nice, I can say some controversial/politically incorrect things sometimes which get me into trouble in the nowadays pc (politically correct) enviroment. So there's that, thanks of answering :D
I don't believe we've ever banned anyone from Hytale Hub for voicing an opinion, so it's unlikely that we'd ban someone for say... posting a bunch of Youtube videos in which they try to smear our brand name, or lie about us.

That said..... if someone were to come here and start spam messaging tons of people, that would be a different story, as that would constitute "spamming" which is in fact against the rules.

It's really just case-dependent. At the end of the day, someone would have to truly go above and beyond in order to end up getting banned at Hytale Hub.