• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Crops in Hytale

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Antnest8

Just yesterday I was in my garden, turning over the dirt, preparing to plant seeds. Spring has arrived in most of the world and planting gardens and fields of crops is underway. In Hytale we have seen multitudes of screenshots, footage and even blogposts about farming! Expecting it to be a key feature in gameplay for those who like to settle down in one area, the core mechanics of planting, cultivating, nurturing and harvesting in the game are still unknown. However, using all the images and information we have supplemented with real life, here is a pre-release guide to growing crops in Hytale.
Variety.png
The Crops
An extensive list of all known crops in Hytale:

Apples: Apples have been seen growing on trees and on the ground. Given Hytale's extensive variety of tree's, Orcharding could be an entire branch (get it?) of farming. Apples are known for growing in temperate climate and are perfect for Zone 1!
Carrot: Carrots are a staple of any farming game. People like them for feeding to animals like horses, pigs and rabbits, but also due to the relatively low maintenance of the crop and universal growing conditions. Carrots can tolerate frost and heat making them an ideal crop for possible growth in Zones 1, 2 and 3.
Cauliflower: Despite some not liking the plant cauliflower, it is extremely healthy! This however comes at a cost as it is hard to take care of. Requiring very fertile soil and cool temperatures cauliflower will likely be a Zone 1 exclusive plant.
Corn: The powerhouse of major farming industries (just behind soybeans). Corn is a Hardy plant that is used widely throughout the world. Corn however takes longer to grow and will likely be zone 1 specific. If there are seasons in this game, then you will have to time planting correctly in order to not lose your crop.
Cucumbers: My personal favorite! Cucumbers are delicate plants and cannot tolerate any cold at all, so Zone 1 and 2 only. However, When cucumbers start to produce, they make A LOT of cucumbers! (this is the same with Zucchini)
Cotton: Not a food, but widely used in clothing! Cotton needs a lot of water so the swamps of Zone 1 will be perfect for growing this crop!
Eggplant: Eggplants are great for grilling and what better place to do that than in zone 2? Eggplants withstand heat well and they need moist but well drained soil. I think they can be able to grow in such the heat of zone 2!
Lettuce: Lettuce will be a highly versatile plant in Hytale. We already have seen salads with different ingredients! Lettuce will likely grow well in Zone 3 and Zone 1 because of it's frost resistance! However, one wonders how much of a pest rabbits might be...
Sunflower: A decorative addition to your garden, sunflowers can be beautiful and a great food source! Much like their name suggests these plants love the sun and would do well in zone 2 as well as zone 1!
Pumpkin: Just as Sunflowers symbolize summer, pumpkins are the sign bearers of fall. Pumpkins will likely be a Zone 1 specific crop.
Potatoes: Boil em', Mash em', Stick them in a stew! These baby's can grow just about anywhere, and they also like sulfur, so maybe, just maybe they can survive the hostile climate of Zone 4!
Tomato: Not a vegetable! Tomatoes are delicate plants needing to be grown inside if you want them to be ready by mid-summer. Likely they will only be in Zone 1.
Wheat: Wheat can grow just about anywhere! A plant that both can be served as bread or beauty, nothing makes a village feel quaint like some wheat fields. Wheat is incredibly frost resistant making it a common practice to plant in the fall and the wheat will grow early in the spring, allowing two harvests!
Mushrooms: Not a plant but we have seen mushrooms at work! Although some will undouble have magical properties, some may just be edible. Mushrooms can grow just about anywhere. Just be careful you know what you are eating!
Berries: Found in the wild, berries will make a great starting source of food, however it can be grown in large brambles. Probably growing in Zone 1 and Zone 2 berries like a multitude of environments.
Aloe Vera: In a recent Postcard from Orbis, a plant can be seen inside a house. This looks a lot like an Aloe Vera plant. Often used for it's burn treatment properties, Aloe Vera is kind of a miracle worker, seemly fixing a lot of problems and Ailments. If a functional plant, Aloe Vera could be used for potions, or maybe a more herbal remedy!
Whatever these are:
1617931381917.png
I think it could be Peas or just more cotton?

PUMPINS.jpg
The Mechanics of Farming in Hytale
Hytale has showcased a lot about farming, but there is still quite a bit of mystery in it. From the knowledge we have and my best guesses here is a speculative guide on farming mechanics.
Eating & Food
Being the End objective of farming, we need to know what is the purpose of eating food. Currently there are 2 known needs for food in Hytale. Health and Hunger. Although Hunger is announced to be in the game, we have not yet seen any evidence of it (supposedly the hunger-bar is hidden when full). However, in combat footage we see that food will heal when eaten. Whether both of these mechanics are temporarily disabled or changed just for development we don't know. Different foods and crops provide different amounts of health and hunger (Where potions fit into this, I don't know). It could be a possibility that you can't eat food for health when you are full (like in Minecraft).
Cooking
Some Games have INCREDIBLE cooking systems, while others are very basic or skip it entirely. With the large variety of foods to choose from as seen above, there is much room in the game for interesting and important cooking mechanics. Some foods like meat will be able to be cooked over fires and spits, like seen in Trork camps. However more complete meals like salads, stew and soups (only the first confirmed) will be available with a cooking bench. Whether you throw in random ingredients and see what happens like in Breath of the Wild or have very specific recipes that are unlocked through exploration, experimentation or skill, we will see.
Nurturing and Care
Plants in Hytale will need care. With options for fertilizing with manure and watering with cans, plants likely have specific requirements much like the ones outlined above! One big mystery is whether you can grow plants outside of zone 1. While I have never seen a farm outside of the Emerald Grove in any of the screenshots, I believe it would be an weird mechanic to only allow farming in 1/6th of the world.
Planting and Acquiring seeds
Much of the work will likely be before the seeds are even planted! Tilling the ground collecting the seeds might be quite the chore! A large mystery in Hytale Farming is the purpose of the Farming Cart. This cart, full of tools, is in almost EVERY SINGLE farming image! I believe it can be one of two things. It can be another version of workbench, where all farming tools and seeds must be crafted. It can also be an item where crops can only grow in proximity of the cart (hence why in one screenshot we see two near each other). This system was recently used in games like Valhiem, and makes players think more carefully about their base building!
Farm.jpg
Conclusion
In an interview, Noxy stated that he wants Hytale to be a game where the player can choose how to live and it still be meaningful. Using Minecraft as an example, he realized that if you devote your time to farming you will end up with thousands of stacks of bread that there is no possible way to use them. Hytale's farming system will hopefully be rewarding enough so one can settle down and play the game their way.

Note: I apologize for missing last week's post. Hopefully it will never happen again.

AgentB8

Hytale Corps
Master
Very nice post! My guess for the pink plant is probably just some type of flower. This shot from the trailer shows the same plant, which is also next to another plant that doesn't look much more than a flower. (There are also sunflowers in the back, but I wouldn't count that as evidence since the seeds could technically count as a crop yield). Farming Image 1.PNG
In fact, the grey leafed one looks almost like the flowers in the top left area of this concept art:
Plants.jpg
But there's really no way to know for sure. Regardless of that plant, I think this is a really in-depth and informative analysis!

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Very nice post! My guess for the pink plant is probably just some type of flower. This shot from the trailer shows the same plant, which is also next to another plant that doesn't look much more than a flower.

Yes it could be just a flower, but it still seems weird that it is grown with all the other plants.

Reyrey

COOL (just like the images didnt read)

Zodak

Lead Moderator & Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Master
Can't wait to start my own farm with Kairu.

SheilaRok

РедМетСплав предлагает внушительный каталог качественных изделий из нестандартных материалов. Не важно, какие объемы вам необходимы - от мелких партий до крупных поставок, мы обеспечиваем оперативное исполнение вашего заказа.
Каждая единица продукции подтверждена всеми необходимыми документами, подтверждающими их качество. Превосходное обслуживание - наша визитная карточка – мы на связи, чтобы ответить на ваши вопросы а также адаптировать решения под специфику вашего бизнеса.
Доверьте ваш запрос профессионалам РедМетСплав и убедитесь в широком спектре предлагаемых возможностей

оставляемая продукция:
Магний Mg99.95 - ISO 207
Молибден М-МП
Титан E(6Al-6V-2Sn) - MIL T-9046H
Молибден МД-60
Кобальт Stellite 506