• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Can RPGs be made in Hytale?

CNCharger

Can you make fully fleshed out RPGs in Hytale?

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Can you make fully fleshed out RPGs in Hytale?
We believe you can! With highly customizable NPC behaviors and extensive worldbuilding tools I would think this could be made without a ton of effort. I will also mention that Noxy (Current CEO of Hypixel Studios) did send out a poll asking on peoples opinions on a set of tools made specifically for this. While it was just speculation, it did come back with an overwhelming yes!

CNCharger

Could one monetize on Hytale based RPGs?

Reyrey

What RPG u talking about (role playing game) or a RPG game where u choose attacks and cool attacks.

CNCharger

What RPG u talking about (role playing game) or a RPG game where u choose attacks and cool attacks.
Something sorta more like Elderscrolls or Fable or Zelda. Openworld, not turn based.

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Could one monetize on Hytale based RPGs?
Well that depends. If the RPG is built in the game as a mod the yes! I'm not a Hypixel Studios staff, but according to their FAQ in late 2018 they give this answer...
Will I be able to monetize Hytale content?
  • You will be able to make your own Hytale content and services and monetize them. There will be a lightweight set of rules and guidelines regarding the creation of monetized in-game content, as well as some basic do’s and don'ts with regards to using our IP. These rules are aimed at improving user security, prohibiting extreme content, combatting scamming, and so on. They will be informed by drawing from our own experiences operating our server and consulting with community members. We are very confident that our guidelines will be easy to agree to. A core goal of Hytale is to empower and enable all sorts of content creators, and we want you to be able to support yourselves by chasing your passions.
However, if you are talking about a stand-alone game, then I don't think you would be able to.

CNCharger

Well that depends. If the RPG is built in the game as a mod the yes! I'm not a Hypixel Studios staff, but according to their FAQ in late 2018 they give this answer...

However, if you are talking about a stand-alone game, then I don't think you would be able to.
Can you define standalone? I am pretty sure this game would require Hytale to run, and the only thing to sell would be the world and mod, whereas standalone usually doesn't require a launcher.

Reyrey

Can you define standalone? I am pretty sure this game would require Hytale to run, and the only thing to sell would be the world and mod, whereas standalone usually doesn't require a launcher.
Will if hytale cant be a RPG game it will be from the community when they make mods for it.

BrAlMeSo_Mc

U talk about if is an roblox-like RP game or is an Adventure, skill etc RPG (which are featurely topdown)

CNCharger

Will if hytale cant be a RPG game it will be from the community when they make mods for it.
The game will be a hytale world and mod. It looks like modding will be much easier here than in Minecraft.

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
I mean any game that is not using the Official Hytale client. This could include Modded clients, or a Hytale "fan-game" made in unity or something

CNCharger

I mean any game that is not using the Official Hytale client. This could include Modded clients, or a Hytale "fan-game" made in unity or something
It will require actual Hytale to launch. If I made something that didn't require Hytale, it wouldn't be related to Hytale.