• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Approximate Server Operating Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

Hi guys,

So I have a pretty simple question.
In minecraft, it would be standard for server owners to have to purchase or "rent" out an IP address that people could use to connect.
So does anyone know what the rough costs would be for Hytale? (I know it will vary, but is there a range/equation?)

Pearson Wright

Costs will likely be very similar in terms of Total Ram/Bandwidth needed per player.

EightyOne

So will it be reactive? Or do you think there will be like set packages with maximums paid ahead of time?

Pearson Wright

So will it be reactive? Or do you think there will be like set packages with maximums paid ahead of time?
Well, I can't speak for other server hosting companies, but I will be launching hytalehosting.org eventually, and we will have both preset packages, and package customization options which will allow our customers to tweak certain aspects/specs of their servers depending upon their needs.

yolothebow

Pre-made packages might be an interesting addition.

Heres a lil something tho:
Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 11.29.44 PM.png

Niroski

It really depends on the hosting company.
Some hosting companies allow a custom IP with certain packages.

For Minecraft, I know you can get a unique IP from here if you really want one.
But at the end of the day, it is still unknown about the IP system and how much it will cost.

Jesse

Staff member
Master
I think you mean server hosting. There are many aspects before you can set a price. You have to think about licence costs for whmcs for example, hardware costs, hytale server performance ( how much ram it uses and how stressful it is for the CPU etc ) and much, much more..

FYI: the reason all Minecraft hosts charge money for a dedicated ip is because they aren't cheap since IPv4 IPs are becoming increasingly more scarse.

FYI 2: Minecraft hosting is much less profitable then people think unless you charge $5/gb or more.

Last edited:

Niroski

I think you mean server hosting. There are many aspects before you can set a price. You have to think about licence costs for whmcs for example, hardware costs, hytale server performance ( how much ram it uses and how stressful it is for the CPU etc ).
^^^
Yeah this guy knows more than me, he actually runs hosting. :LOL:

EightyOne

Well, I can't speak for other server hosting companies, but I will be launching hytalehosting.org eventually, and we will have both preset packages, and package customization options which will allow our customers to tweak certain aspects/specs of their servers depending upon their needs.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I look forward to starting a server once it is released. :)

Havok

If there is a lot of people in a server, try making many lobby's, as a way to reduce lag. We all don't like lag. anyone want to guess cost per player on 1 week.

Pearson Wright

If there is a lot of people in a server, try making many lobby's, as a way to reduce lag. We all don't like lag. anyone want to guess cost per player on 1 week.
$0.50 per player per month perhaps. So a server that holds up to 20 people concurrently would cost $10 per month. Just a guess.

Havok

I wonder if we can do donations. To help reduce the cost of a server. If so, we try estimating server cost with donations. total (donation money) - server cost - reasonable giveaways XD = More happy players? [ I hope I make senses, correct my words if I'm wrong. or if it sounds bad.]

Jesse

Staff member
Master
I wonder if we can do donations. To help reduce the cost of a server. If so, we try estimating server cost with donations. total (donation money) - server cost - reasonable giveaways XD = More happy players? [ I hope I make senses, correct my words if I'm wrong. or if it sounds bad.]
Hytale already said they won't limit server owners from offering p2w items so you can offer ranks etc to your players.

Havok

Hytale already said they won't limit server owners from offering p2w items so you can offer ranks etc to your players.
Thanks, :D

Billy

Retired Mod
Question has been answered.

Please ensure you use the Appraisals section for Appraisals.

✈️ Thread Moved
🔒 Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.