• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Adventurer's Guild. Need help with Minecraft Mod suggestions

Petramoss

Heya. So a user by the name of @Vhesk floated the idea of an adventurers guild in mid 2019 that peaked my interest. It was a forum or discord server where players who prefer PVE and RP, and later in the comments, the idea of starting a server for this was mentioned too.

Now I haven't played Minecraft in years, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for mods and tools that will allow me to mock up some ideas and layouts for a guild town on a server then I would love to see it. I am doing my own research, but maybe you know of something I don't.

Does anyone like the idea of starting an Adventurers Guild Server?
How do you think this would work?

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Hmm... The Server would probably need a pretty heavy dev team or community made content like most MMO's. I think a marketplace would also be necessary in some way.
I think the server would act much like most MMO's so I would look at some guides and reviews about what makes others tick

Petramoss

Starting a server is on my bucket list, but it will probably turn into a full time job if I did set one up.

Gregory S

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Site Admin
☑️Verified
Starting a server is on my bucket list, but it will probably turn into a full time job if I did set one up.
Best of luck. That'll require a lot of hard work and dediction. Definitely feasible though.

darkmode

That's really cool if it comes out I will play it.

Olearius

Heya. So a user by the name of @Vhesk floated the idea of an adventurers guild in mid 2019 that peaked my interest. It was a forum or discord server where players who prefer PVE and RP, and later in the comments, the idea of starting a server for this was mentioned too.

Now I haven't played Minecraft in years, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for mods and tools that will allow me to mock up some ideas and layouts for a guild town on a server then I would love to see it. I am doing my own research, but maybe you know of something I don't.

Does anyone like the idea of starting an Adventurers Guild Server?
How do you think this would work?
I actually had a small Fantasy/RP/Factions Server project in Minecraft before, and I really underestimated the whole damn lot of effort you have to put into configuring all the plugins, making a custom map, creating a texture pack and making sure the console wasn't spitting out errors 24/7, even with the small team I had back then. That means you'll probably need a bunch of dedicated and experienced devs and staff that can take care of these things so that you can really focus on getting a clear outline and structure for the server mechanics and everything.
In terms of plugins it heavily depends on what exactly you want your server to look like; but things like good economy, combat, faction and skill/classes plugins are always useful. Most of them you'll probably have to code yourself, but there are already many good options out there, for example MMOCore/MMOItems, Factions or BossShopPro.

Hope that helped you out a bit ;)

Reyrey

Make it a money server :/ It can fit in RP and other stuff

whitneyss

I'm new to the forum but I'm a big Minecraft fan! The idea of an Adventurers Guild server sounds awesome. As for mods, have you checked out the True Survival Apocalypse mod? It's a pretty intense mod that adds a ton of survival elements to the game, like thirst and hunger and makes the world a lot more dangerous. It could be a cool addition to a guild server, especially if you're looking for a more challenging experience.
In terms of tools for building the guild town, have you looked into WorldEdit? It's a really popular mod that lets you make massive changes to the world with simple commands. There's also the Building Gadgets mod, which adds a ton of tools for building and designing.

Last edited: