• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

About Animals/Breeding/Domesticating

I have many ideas about creatures... Soo we have pigs? How about we have wild boars that we can domesticate over time...They will have the same purpose as pigs but they wont be really docile like them andthey will be hard to domesticate... Soo how about you have a family of wild boars that will breed and through 4-5 generations the first baby pig will be born... The pig´s advantage is that its much more tamed (not wild) and it gives you much more meat in the process; and its easier to feed it! Maybe also we can have a similar thing with Yaks that will breed and eventually the first Cow will be born...The advantage of a cow is that it will give you milk and more meat (and they will be fully tamed)! Maybe also we can have multiple skins for pigs/cows like in real life and breeding will be a key factor on changing skins. For horses ; how about the horses in the wild are going to be much smaller and slower than today´s horses...And taming and training a horse will make their child much more like today´s horses (just like in real life)... Btw dogs are breed from wolves and cats can be breed from ocelots/servals/lynxes/wild cats... You can also tame foxes and rabbits but they wont be your best friends like wolves,dogs or cats. Now for the wild stuff- we can maybe have elks/moose in the snowy/cold parts of the map ; we can have elephants , zebras , wilderbeasts , rhynos in the savannah ; wooly rhinos and mammoths maybe in polar biomes... K thats it for know...

splush

That's actually amazing idea wow

RonTheDragon

In Game Evolution? well it is more realistic then finding a cow in the wild... I like the idea but it should just be a random chance for 2 wild animlas to have a Normal Farm Animal. and Breeding a Normal Farm Animal with a wild animal will give more chances to spawn another Normal Farm Animal. (but not 100%) also if you are going with evolution you do know that even 2 normal farm cows can Breed and spawn a bad/sick Cow that you shouldnt let exsist because it will breed and make your farm generation filled with some sick cows. because this is Evolution my Friend. Random Chances + Death of the Unworthy.

you could make your whole farm having only good cows by breeding lots of yaks and when you got 2 Breedable Farm Cows... kill all the yaks so Only the good cows Breed.

lots of in real life Evolution is based on Humans Only Breeding the Good Ones and killing the rest for early Meat.

OK I get it... I did a really simplified version for Hytale... Things you said are also fine! At least you like the idea...

RonTheDragon

finding Normal Cows in the wild in minecraft is wierd... acctully if you think about it... original minecraft had only Farm Animals in the wild.

but they did had evolution with cats (ocelots changing colors to normal cats when tamed) but acctully mojang recently changed it... cats and ocelots are diffrent animals now... and Cats can be found at villages which does make sense

Niroski

It is 100% positive that most animals neutral will be tame able.

In-terms of species changing over-time I think that is a bad idea. Players want to see new things meaning new animals/mobs. If these animals change it's going to start feeling like Minecraft again with the same old animals/mobs.

I have been playing Minecraft for many years stopping at 1.9 due to disappointing updates. I can tell you now in Minecraft I was sick of the same animals and mobs, nothing special. Boars are something new, making them vanish after 4-5 generations is a bad idea.

I hope my opinion helped you.

RonTheDragon

It is 100% positive that most animals neutral will be tame able.

In-terms of species changing over-time I think that is a bad idea. Players want to see new things meaning new animals/mobs. If these animals change it's going to start feeling like Minecraft again with the same old animals/mobs.

I have been playing Minecraft for many years stopping at 1.9 due to disappointing updates. I can tell you now in Minecraft I was sick of the same animals and mobs, nothing special. Boars are something new, making them vanish after 4-5 generations is a bad idea.

I hope my opinion helped you.

dude the boars wont Extinct after 4-5 generations. You'll still be able to find them in the wild. the point is... its weird to find normal pigs and cows and Farm animals in the wild. you cant just find a Puppy in the wild. a Dog is a Wolf is just another Wolf type who cant Survive in the wild. living with humans helps them breed and make their own Generation of dogs and Cute puppies.

You might find it hard to understand in you dont know what is evolution.

Niroski

dude the boars wont Extinct after 4-5 generations. You'll still be able to find them in the wild. the point is... its weird to find normal pigs and cows and Farm animals in the wild. you cant just find a Puppy in the wild. a Dog is a Wolf is just another Wolf type who cant Survive in the wild. living with humans helps them breed and make their own Generation of dogs and Cute puppies.

You might find it hard to understand in you dont know what is evolution.
Ok then, I wouldn't want to sit around for 4-5 generations waiting for my wild animal to turn into something useful.
I understand your point and I understand evolution it's just that I cannot be bothered breeding animals till I get a pig.

Like I normally say, this is my opinion and that is yours.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion, nothing wrong with others disagreeing.

ok but pigs and cows then can naturally spawn in human villages/outposts
idk i think this is pretty balanced

Niroski

I think that puchasing a farm animal would be cool from a near by village.
Same with tameable animals like dogs and cats.

RonTheDragon

Ok then, I wouldn't want to sit around for 4-5 generations waiting for my wild animal to turn into something useful.
I understand your point and I understand evolution it's just that I cannot be bothered breeding animals till I get a pig.

Like I normally say, this is my opinion and that is yours.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion, nothing wrong with others disagreeing.

maybe you prefer my Idea for Animals Evolution... try reading my answer. it turns Evolution from Generation Count to Random Which makes it more realistic.

2 boars have a small chance to have a baby Pig. the pig grows to be an Adult. the pig is better for farming and does NOT attack the player who tries to kill him (unlike the wild boar) You not have to get rid of the boars... the idea is making the Good Farm Pigs harder to Get.

in order to have in your farm only Good Farm Pigs you need to breed the boars untill you get a Baby Pig by random Chances. The Pig is better for your farm so you Only Breed it and quits Feeding the Boars because you dont need them... so you might as well just get rid of them.

you'll still find boars around the world and might even Get Killed by some of them...

the thing is... its not realistic to find a normal pig in the wild like you did in minecraft. Normal Pigs cant survive in the wild. they die before they can breed and multiply

maybe you prefer my Idea for Animals Evolution... try reading my answer. it turns Evolution from Generation Count to Random Which makes it more realistic.

2 boars have a small chance to have a baby Pig. the pig grows to be an Adult. the pig is better for farming and does NOT attack the player who tries to kill him (unlike the wild boar) You not have to get rid of the boars... the idea is making the Good Farm Pigs harder to Get.

in order to have in your farm only Good Farm Pigs you need to breed the boars untill you get a Baby Pig by random Chances. The Pig is better for your farm so you Only Breed it and quits Feeding the Boars because you dont need them... so you might as well just get rid of them.

you'll still find boars around the world and might even Get Killed by some of them...

the thing is... its not realistic to find a normal pig in the wild like you did in minecraft. Normal Pigs cant survive in the wild. they die before they can breed and multiply
i dont agree with one thing...i dont want minecraft again with harmless animals i would want pig to be dangerous if you attack it... even chickens peck in this game

RonTheDragon

I think that puchasing a farm animal would be cool from a near by village.
Same with tameable animals like dogs and cats.
you could In theory buy Farm Animals from Other people. it does make sense because the people in the villages did the evolution thing already for you... and you can In theory just buy it from them...

but dont you think making the player able to get hes own Farm Animals by himself is just "better"?

making the player buying/find Ready stuff is Annoying in a "craft your own thing" game. its like what Minecraft did with Saddles. (you can only find/buy suddle. there is no Crafting recipe for saddles in the game)

RonTheDragon

i dont agree with one thing...i dont want minecraft again with harmless animals i would want pig to be dangerous if you attack it... even chickens peck in this game
I think its more realistic for a Farm Animal to Flee when Attacked.

but I think you will agree that cute Tamed Farm Pigs should be alot less dangerous then a wild boar .

Niroski

Have you seen the game? If you are looking for a realistic game, this game isn't for you.
The game has these things:

This thing is not realistic. :LOL:

Have you seen the game? If you are looking for a realistic game, this game isn't for you.

but its just better

You have to balance out the amount of realistic in the game.
well the first thing i said isnt really that realistic and its really simplified so it can nicely fit in this game

Niroski

well the first thing i said isnt really that realistic and its really simplified so it can nicely fit in this game
That is your opinion.
I respect that but if it will be in the game? Who knows?

RonTheDragon

Im not talking about Realistic. Im talking about making sense. I like Science Fiction. but it should have a lure that makes sense.
for exemple if this Fire Wolf spawned randomly around the world and burn everything in a few seconds... seeing Living trees in the first hytale day and then Watching it all burn doesnt make any sense. why did the fire wolf started destroying the world only after you joined the game? how did the world survived untill you came? it doesnt make any sense and its just stupid.

but if the fire wolf were only in one location and maybe even trapped in some place... the lure would make sense and the creature exsistance would make more sense to the players.

but finding a normal farm cow defendless in the wild when the wild is filled with dangerous creatures doesnt make any sense. how did the cow survived untill now?

its like finding sheeps in minecraft spawning near wolves and asking "how did the sheepsurvived all this time untill now?" and Minecraft villagers. One night with out you defending them and they all dead.

How did they survive Untill now?! what changed?

Niroski

We already know that animals will attack another animals it was pretty much confirmed in a number of screenshots.
That is fine but there is no need to get too realistic in a game that involves magic and monsters that aren't a thing.

RonTheDragon

We already know that animals will attack another animals it was pretty much confirmed in a number of screenshots.
That is fine but there is no need to get too realistic in a game that involves magic and monsters that aren't a thing.
animals do attack other animals also in real life. but the attacked animals in real life got ways to survive agaisnt them to avoid Extermination.

even the bunny in the trailer can Run away from the fox. he isnt just doomed like a farm animal in the wild.

boars can defend them selves in the wild unlike pigs

Billy

Retired Mod
Please ensure you use the Suggestions & Feedback suggestions for website/discord suggestions.

✈️ Thread Moved