• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

A Few Trivial Feature Suggestions :)

- The ability to pick up and toss snowballs from snow blocks/piles of snow. These snowballs would make contact with hitboxes, instead of passing right through entities. Not only would/could this feature make itself present in one-on-one or group situations, leading to a fun moment of throwing snowballs at each other, but I could see a minigame or two being made from this mechanic. Whether the snowballs would deal damage to an entity is another matter. (I would vote no.)

- Varying bookshelves. In the official Hytale trailer, we were gifted to many scenes, from the spectacular to the humble. However, I did notice one small feature which could be improved upon, in my opinion: varying bookshelves. Either having the ability to take and remove items from within the bookshelves themselves, or having different standard bookshelves in general (each one containing different books, or in a different order), would be a welcome detail, in my opinion

- The ability to hold a lantern/lamp that gives off ambient lighting. In the trailer, two players were shown holding torches which were giving off dynamic lighting, which I found to be spectacular. But why stop there? Although this feature would add no purpose within the game itself, it would be a nice touch if the player could craft/trade/find a handheld lantern (perhaps that requires to be refueled with oil?) that gives off ambient lighting when they are holding it, and that can be placed down as well. Think of the lantern from the classic horror game "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" or something of that nature

- Wolves that spawn in the wild. Who doesn't love wolves?

- The ability to pick up and toss snowballs from snow blocks/piles of snow. These snowballs would make contact with hitboxes, instead of passing right through entities. Not only would/could this feature make itself present in one-on-one or group situations, leading to a fun moment of throwing snowballs at each other, but I could see a minigame or two being made from this mechanic. Whether the snowballs would deal damage to an entity is another matter. (I would vote no.)

- Varying bookshelves. In the official Hytale trailer, we were gifted to many scenes, from the spectacular to the humble. However, I did notice one small feature which could be improved upon, in my opinion: varying bookshelves. Either having the ability to take and remove items from within the bookshelves themselves, or having different standard bookshelves in general (each one containing different books, or in a different order), would be a welcome detail, in my opinion

- The ability to hold a lantern/lamp that gives off ambient lighting. In the trailer, two players were shown holding torches which were giving off dynamic lighting, which I found to be spectacular. But why stop there? Although this feature would add no purpose within the game itself, it would be a nice touch if the player could craft/trade/find a handheld lantern (perhaps that requires to be refueled with oil?) that gives off ambient lighting when they are holding it, and that can be placed down as well. Think of the lantern from the classic horror game "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" or something of that nature

Nice suggestion if I do say so myself.

Billy

Retired Mod
Please ensure you use the Suggestions & Feedback suggestions for website/discord suggestions.

✈️ Thread Moved

Chnapak

Sounds ok small things but there fine(y)