• You can earn a permanent ☑️Verified status for your account across the entire Hytale Hub Network simply by following @Hytale_Hub on Twitter!

Question What spells would you guys like to see in Hytale?

Game Syn3gy

Happy New Years!!

I was browsing recent posts and saw this one (https://hytalehub.com/threads/magic-weapon-combat.11635/) by Upp_ and thought of this post. What kinds of spells is everyone wanting to see in Hytale. We'd already seen different kinds of spells, such as the fire staff from the trailer, or the green spellbook/staff shown in the skeleton dungeon raid. Me and my brother talk about Hytale alot, and we have talked about which elements we would want to main in, and with modding capabilities, we have also concepted some spells we'd like to see.

There are 6 primary elements. Wind, Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, and Void. I have decided to main in wind and void because I feel wind-based magic and weapons are more fast-paced combat styles and in video games, I'm usually speed over strength or defense. So I came up with some wind spells that are maneuverability based. (Note my naming is terrible :) )

Cyclone Sprint - (Sort of a mix of the Riptide Trident [Minecraft] and the Whirlwind Sprint Shout [Skyrim})
Cloud Casters - Spell that can cast 'platform' clouds at the cursors location, and can be used as a temporary bridging device.
Hundred Knives Barrage - Energy based knives that sort of mirror your melee attacks with daggers. (I debated whether this went here or under Void)

Another element I decided to main is Void, but by the sounds of it and it's potential association with Varyn, I'd assume this is more of a late-game opportunity than an early game one. I see this as sounding spacial-based, and pertaining to gravity more than anything... But this can also mean necromancy or a form of corruption. I had a black hole spell concepted but I don't remember many of the details (I have them in my notebook at my school), but it was sort of a mini black hole cannon that would destroy a heck of alot of blocks nearby.

I'd love to see what you guys come up with before we get a taste of magic in the game. :]

Enjoy 2022!

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
I love the utility of the Cloud casters idea. When I think Hytale and magic, I definitely want a majority of the spells to have some out-of-combat use other than the normal damage dealing kind, even if it's a simple as a fireball spell that also sets trees on fire.

I am thinking a water walk spell would be nice and so could a cloud kill (poison cloud). As a D&D player, I would also love having a Hytale equivalent of Leomund's Tiny Hut.

Happy New Year!!

Game Syn3gy

I love the utility of the Cloud casters idea. When I think Hytale and magic, I definitely want a majority of the spells to have some out-of-combat use other than the normal damage dealing kind, even if it's a simple as a fireball spell that also sets trees on fire.

I am thinking a water walk spell would be nice and so could a cloud kill (poison cloud). As a D&D player, I would also love having a Hytale equivalent of Leomund's Tiny Hut.

Happy New Year!!
Imagine missing a fireball in enemy combat outside of your house, or in the middle of the woods...

As a DnD player as well, I would probably recreate a large majority of the spells, and maybe even recreate the current campaign into Hytale. I would probably like to recreate Magic Missile cause I like the idea of spell control.

I would also like to see (and if it isn't in the game, I'll make it) the ability to slightly tweak spells with materials. Such as using this item with even a fireball spell would change the explosion size or something. A cool little change.

Antnest8

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
☑️Verified
Ooh! Like sorcerer meta-magic?

Gregory S

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Site Admin
☑️Verified
Happy New Years!!

I was browsing recent posts and saw this one (https://hytalehub.com/threads/magic-weapon-combat.11635/) by Upp_ and thought of this post. What kinds of spells is everyone wanting to see in Hytale. We'd already seen different kinds of spells, such as the fire staff from the trailer, or the green spellbook/staff shown in the skeleton dungeon raid. Me and my brother talk about Hytale alot, and we have talked about which elements we would want to main in, and with modding capabilities, we have also concepted some spells we'd like to see.

There are 6 primary elements. Wind, Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, and Void. I have decided to main in wind and void because I feel wind-based magic and weapons are more fast-paced combat styles and in video games, I'm usually speed over strength or defense. So I came up with some wind spells that are maneuverability based. (Note my naming is terrible :) )

Cyclone Sprint - (Sort of a mix of the Riptide Trident [Minecraft] and the Whirlwind Sprint Shout [Skyrim})
Cloud Casters - Spell that can cast 'platform' clouds at the cursors location, and can be used as a temporary bridging device.
Hundred Knives Barrage - Energy based knives that sort of mirror your melee attacks with daggers. (I debated whether this went here or under Void)

Another element I decided to main is Void, but by the sounds of it and it's potential association with Varyn, I'd assume this is more of a late-game opportunity than an early game one. I see this as sounding spacial-based, and pertaining to gravity more than anything... But this can also mean necromancy or a form of corruption. I had a black hole spell concepted but I don't remember many of the details (I have them in my notebook at my school), but it was sort of a mini black hole cannon that would destroy a heck of alot of blocks nearby.

I'd love to see what you guys come up with before we get a taste of magic in the game. :]

Enjoy 2022!
Happy New Year! :)

TealHy

A spell or potion to penetrate walls and textures (possibly combined with a levitation potion) something like a potion/spell of being a ghost